Minnesota

I got at least two itches myself!!! any one know where to even start?

I found this write up very helpful:

How to Buy a Silencer

My wife and I have a trust set up as part of our Will....so hopefully that will go smoothly. I'm hoping by doing it this route....I can pass it down to my son or daughter.

Good luck...post about your experience if you scratch that itch soon. Mine will have to wait until fall or next spring.

Looking further....this looks like something different than the trust I already have. They call it a NFA Trust. Looks like we do not have any lawyers listed in Minnesota....as of yet....so it's probably a DIY project for now. But the trust has some excellent advantages near as I can tell.

I emailed the guys at Atomic Tactical in Bloomington today. They have a lawyer-drafted form for creating a trust to handle this. I was going to pay them to help create the trust and engrave a receiver for a SBR. That was going to cost $150 or so. The suppressor deal is similar and I think they would help create a trust and file the forms for a reasonable price. Not matter what Uncle Sam will get $200 from you when you file your paperwork.
Here's what they said:
"We are dealers for most major suppressor manufacturers & can match or beat most prices. We have been taking pre-orders with payment in full up front. You'd be able to create your trust & file a form 1 online for the SBR, but would have to wait on the suppressor since it's a form 4 & must be mailed to the ATF."

Just an update......from the direction I went. I did the "NFA Trust" form available from the Silencer Shop.

NFA Gun Trust - Services

The price is $129.99......you pay for it and then they send you a link to enter the pertinent information. It took about five minutes to enter the info. and submit it. Within minutes My Trust form was ready to print.....now all I need is to have the parties in the trust sign in front of a notary and we'll have this portion taken care of.

Not trying to pedal the product from the Silencer Shop.....but it was super easy and has very similar structure and language as my living trust has.....so I'm thinking it should hold water.

These are exciting times, Gents.........never thought I'd live to see the day....but my ears are going to be a whole lot happier...as will my shoulder.

Wayne

I emailed the guys at Atomic Tactical in Bloomington today. They have a lawyer-drafted form for creating a trust to handle this. I was going to pay them to help create the trust and engrave a receiver for a SBR. That was going to cost $150 or so. The suppressor deal is similar and I think they would help create a trust and file the forms for a reasonable price. Not matter what Uncle Sam will get $200 from you when you file your paperwork.
Here's what they said:
"We are dealers for most major suppressor manufacturers & can match or beat most prices. We have been taking pre-orders with payment in full up front. You'd be able to create your trust & file a form 1 online for the SBR, but would have to wait on the suppressor since it's a form 4 & must be mailed to the ATF."

Just had email contact with Atomic Tactical this afternoon. Very prompt reply....really seem like very fine folks to deal with. They don't carry the brand of suppressor I want....but they are more than happy to help with the transfer and Form 4. The dealer I purchased my suppressor from has 3-4 other transfers in the works with Atomic......so it seems like we are starting the ball rolling on this suppressor deal. I will be doing business in the future with these folks for sure!....even though it's 100 miles one way for me. I'd highly recommend contacting Atomic for suppressors and / or transfer of NFA items.

Wayne

O.K. At the risk of sounding like an Atomic Tactical fan boy.....I found a Demo SAS 30 cal. Arbiter with a T.O.M.B. muzzle break for a crazy low price from Mile High Shooting. This has advanced my suppressor plan by several months. The fine folks at Atomic quickly sent their FFL / SOT paperwork and I now have my second can on its way in as many days. Please give Atomic serious consideration when thinking of purchasing a suppressor. They handle most brands.....and are ready to help consumers with the paperwork. These guys are here.....ready to help us attain our goals and dreams!

Wayne

Haha tell Kenny or Dave that Jesse says hi and is happy to prove they can sell to customers who shoot further than 50 meters.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.