millett scope

embork

just bought a millett lrs 6x25x56 scope for my 6.5-06ai. what are your likes & dislikes. thanks

I've heard mixed reviews. My local gun shop has some. The look great, not sure on their performance. I was thinking of doing a Mosin Archangel build and strapping one of those on it. Let me know what you think of it!

got my millett scope today. very big & heavy. came with high rings.way to high. will get med or low rings someday.very clear on all powers. seems better than the Nikon pro staff that came off of gun. lots of moa range.140. not a high end scope but neither is my checkbook. will try ladder test to check out scope when I can get to range will let you know what I find out. embork

I have the millet 4-16x 50 and it seems ok. You get a lot for the money

Mounted a 4x16X56 for my brother-in-law's Remington 700 in 7mm Rem. He is blind as a bat. Shot sub MOA and a very nice muley two months later. The scope turrets respond correctly and parallax adjust fine. Milldot reticle is clearly seen, but he has trouble with the focus. He really likes the scope and calls it the "Hubble Telescope".

I had one and sold it simply because it was heavy. But, it had real good glass and tracked perfectly. After final sighting it never moved through 2 years of all kinds of varmint hunting. I believe they are worth what you pay for them and more.

took my gun with millett scope to on the farm rifle range.sighted in at 100 yards.cold & windy but just had to go shoot. what I noticed was elevation turrent was a little tight when I would turn it half way through a full turn. maybe it will lossen up with time. had no trouble with it holding zero. after it was zeroed at 100. i have a 12 inch gong at 400 yards.checked ballistic on phone told me 20 clicks. hit target 2"high at 10:00. dialed back down & shot again. right back where it suppose to be.the clicks did not feel as precise as Nikon but it tracked just fine.Side focus worked fine. not as clear at 25 power but still not bad. i did not have to pay 2 grand either. overall i would buy again. it works for me. thanks for all the replies. embork gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.