Mill hash marks

avidbowhunter

it may have been answered before, but I'm not sure. Which is better in a scope in your opinion .5 mil graduation or .2 mil graduation and why?

I'm not sure I've seen either. Unless you're talking about the reticle I assume? I think it comes down to preference. .2 will allow for more precise adjustments vice .5.

I just got a Steiner predator 4 and am really impressed with it so far. Haven't got it out to the range yet but so far it is a very nice scope. Know a commercial vendor on sniper hide who can do $800 shipped for a 4-16 version. Some pics I posted in this thread.

I just got a Steiner predator 4 and am really impressed with it so far. Haven't got it out to the range yet but so far it is a very nice scope. Know a commercial vendor on sniper hide who can do $800 shipped for a 4-16 version. Some pics I posted in this thread.
Ok thank you I'll check them out

You are basically asking if better resolution is worth it. NF and Leupold lost a lot of sales and customers while clinging to a .5 reticle.

I sold all my NF scopes with mil-r and bought mil-xt (same as mil-c with a tree) for this reason. The mil-r has mostly .5 mil hashes and they are different depending on where in the reticle you look. The mil-xt/mil-c is .2 everywhere on the crosshairs so you don't have to remember where you're looking. .5 is too coarse for PRS/NRL and holding in the middle is difficult off a barricade.

Most important, in my opinion, is that you know what the hashes mean on the reticle and that you can quickly discern the graduation. Having them all the same (.2) is most important to me under duress.

.5 marks can work fine in PRS. Been shooting the sport for 19 years now and we used to have just old mildot reticles and still hit targets. LOL The .5 marks were great and a huge help. .2s help too but if a shooter knows a .5 mil reticle they can do fine with them. You can hold just fine on targets with them also. You just need to know where to hold so it comes down more to practice than the reticle.