Milk jug hunting video w/ APS XP-100...and DE brake in action vid

Dan B

This was with the Allen Precision Shooting built 7mm/270WSM XP-100 (162gr A-Max, BC .625 @ 2825fps) and the distance was 500yds. The vid is about 8 seconds (1.5 meg). This was one of three jugs I had at 500yds...it took until the third jug for my brother and I to get the timing down with shooting and filming!

sscoyote ran my ballistic numbers in Exbal (big THANKS Steve!!) and told me that with a 250yd zero, the first ball plex line for the Burris scope would be 306yds, the second would be 406, third would be 498 and the plex post tip would be 600. Well...I tested them all except the 600yds mark and they were all perfect! I had 11 jugs from 300 to 500yds and never missed a shot. After zeroing at the 250yd mark I immediately popped one at 400yds then busted all the 500yd jugs. After that the 300yd shots were boring!!

<font color="green"> Milk Jug Video </font>

I know that to a lot of you fellas this is rather close range work...but for a handgunner to get their hands on something with such true ballistic power is really something to behold! It's so close to my .280AI Rem 700 (24" tube w/ 168gr SMK at 2900fps and only a .494 BC) that the differences are virtually not even noticeable.

When I get my hands on a better rangefinder I have several valleys that I can shoot jugs out to 1K...and you can bet that I'll be trying!!

I also linked to a video of me shooting the APS XP-100. It's a short 3 second snip just to show how well the Defensive Edge brake works.

<font color="green"> Defensive Edge Brake Video </font>

NICE!!!

Gotta love getting to see video. I may have to try one of those DE brakes, they seem to work pretty good.

good shooting
steve

Thanks.

Milk jugs may be the only thing I'm shooting this weekend. My crop damage deer hunt (remember...the 30 tags!!) got cancelled since the friend I was going shooting w/ is out of power and I was to crash at his house. He lives in an area that was beaten up by the Ernesto storm. But if he calls at 1AM, 2AM or whenever and says the lights are one...I am headed south!!!

Dan B:

Great videos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That stubby little rascal will really shoot!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ya gotta love having that much potential in such a small package. That thing will give one hell of a lot of rifle shooters a run for their money, and beat them too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like the DE brake does the job. Doesn't look like you have to work too hard to keep it well under control. Congrats on a great looking, and shooting XP-100. Keep us posted if the hunts pan out.

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't look like you have to work too hard to keep it well under control.

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually jumps less than my .222 Remmy and .222 Rem Mag Imp XP-100's and a 22-250 Savage Striker...and they are all heavy barrel guns as well...maybe slightly heavier than the Little Monster. I can not wait to stretch it out a couple hundred more yards!

Dan B,

300-500 yards is a long way, add to that the limitations of a handgun shope which few understand that have not used them and your shooting really is impressive.

Being a handgun hunting nut as well and taken many dozens of head of big game with handguns I assure you you are shooting very well!!!

Keep us posted.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts