Mercury Suppressor

gonewest

I am wondering if I put in a mercury suppressor in my 7mm mag stock will it help reduce the recoil alot? And what type of weight will this add to the gun? I had thought about a brake but due to the noise I changed my mind. I mostly shoot a .270 with 130-140 gr bullets. I don't want to develope any bad habits from this gun if there is alot more recoil. Can you guys help me out. Let me know if you have any experience with the suppressors or know someone with one. Thanks all info is appreciated.

I saw them in my Brownells cat. 3''=8oz, 4''= 11 oz.They also have sizes to fit in a shotgun, as a round in mag or tube.

Mercury recoil reducers have been used for 50+ years by trap shooters. If they didn't work, they wouldn't use them. In rifles with very light synthetic stocks, many times it helps balance them so they aren't so muzzle heavy. If imbedded in a butt stock, the reducer has to be securely fixed, so it doesn't move at all, which can be quite a 'trick' in stocks that have a 'foam' filling.

hello, I had a mercury recoil reducer installed in my HS Precision stock when I purchased it.It was aRem.700 in .375H&H.I say it kicked less than a wood stock 30-06 700 I have. Great invention!! dzs

I do use Mercury Supperssors in my Trap guns I have 2 in My Shotguns. I also have plane old grade 8 steel in 2 other shotguns I had turned out to size on a metal lathe 2 just the shape of a shotgun plug you put in the magazine for duck hunting & to tell you the truth both work it's a weight thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.