Meopta vs Zeiss Terra

howco

Any input. Low budget build for a friend who wants to add a turret. Looking at shooting a 308win no more than 500 to 600yds. Zeiss would be 4-12, meopta 3.5 x 10. He is open to other options, but has witnessed me come off of two rifle build hangovers......so does not want to spend more than $500 for scope

So what will he be shooting out to 500-600 yards? Shooting big game would be different than trying for tight groups on paper at those distances.

Here's an option:

Vortex - Camera Land NY

Click the Model box, a drop down menu will open, and you'll find an open box unit: Demo VMR - 1 MRAD $499.99

That scope has a zero stop and being 6-24X.....He's got plenty of magnification...if he decides to shoot for small groups or eventually shoot to longer distances. All IMHO.

Wayne

If you do order from Camera Land be prepared to wait a while. I order one from their site on Friday Jan 2 and still have not received it.

If you order from cameraland call them and place the order, don't put it in through the site. It'll get shipped a lot quicker that way. Right now they're moving their store so that might be why it's taking longer. They also have a 10% off sale because of the move on most scopes, but I'm not sure if the demo scopes are included.

If you order from cameraland call them and place the order, don't put it in through the site. It'll get shipped a lot quicker that way. Right now they're moving their store so that might be why it's taking longer. They also have a 10% off sale because of the move on most scopes, but I'm not sure if the demo scopes are included.

Good advice. I placed my order online. Didn't think about the moving thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.