Meopta binoculars win "editor's choice" in OutdoorLife

marinetowgunner

In the June/July 2012 issue of OutdoorLife, the Meopta 10x42 HD's received the highest honor of "Editors Choice" against an elite field of competing binocular models from Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss and others.

"If status and brand are important to you, then plunk down $2,000 for a high-end European binocular. But if you want performance and durability on par with the best Austrian optics, then spend half that amount for this Czech powerhouse. The Meopta is that good," stated OutdoorLife in an excerpt from the magazine test.

According to the article, OutdoorLife's optics editor and a panel of hunters and optics experts assembled in Montana to evaluate the newest sports optics offerings for its annual gear test. Each entry is awarded an objective letter grade for overall optical quality, low-light capability, mechanical design and ergonomics in addition to rigorous scrutiny by the expert judges. It looks like OutdoorLife magazine presents its "Editor's Choice" award to the optic with the highest overall score and Meopta's newest binocular – the MeoStar 10×42 HD – took top honors with four stars overall and A+ in optical performance.

I've always known they have made good optics and I'm glad they are getting the recognition. There is a [ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqvxfp_optics-review-meostar-b1-10x42-full-size-binocular_sport"]video[/ame] from the editor at OutdoorLife talking about the binoculars as well as the testing process.

Last edited:
My father in law has the Cabelas euro binos that are built by Meopta and every time I look through them I am amazed at the quality. Makes me wonder why I spent on Swaro. That bino they reviewed is no doubt excellent.

I bought a pair about a Month ago and they are really Alpha quality They are about as good as it gets optic wise. Meopta is top notch

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.