Meopta binoculars?

the meostars fall behind the meopro's, and also the big three. They're not bad, but aren't in the same league.
Actually that is backwards. The Meostars are an upgrade to the Meopros... the reason they cost twice as much. The Meostars are the HD. Meopta's top of the line binos and scopes are the Meostar line.

I have a pair of 8x42 Swarovski RF binoculars and they are excellent BUT I was looking at Meopta last year at a trade show and ,with some conditions, I thought they were excellent for the price. The conditions are ,how do Meopta measure up on service and repair and how do they stand up to rough handling?
If you get a positive answer to those questions go for it.

I have a pair of 8x42 Swarovski RF binoculars and they are excellent BUT I was looking at Meopta last year at a trade show and ,with some conditions, I thought they were excellent for the price. The conditions are ,how do Meopta measure up on service and repair and how do they stand up to rough handling?
If you get a positive answer to those questions go for it.
meopta glass is not better than zeiss, swaro, or S&B, but they do have the best CS I have ever dealt with in optics, and their glass is good. I'd take them over leupold without blinking.

and that CS statement includes experience with zeiss, swaro, S&B, and leupold.

for quality, top line meopta glass is comparable to (previous generation) kahles helia C glass and coatings.

Hi all,
Have a Meopta scope, find it is good glass for the money, looking at upgrading my binos. Currently have the Leupold Mojave model, which are getting worn out and a little hard to focus.
Had a look at these Meopta binos, they look ok to me, although a bit pricey at over $700AUD.
What say you, go ahead and buy them or keep looking?
They are at the upper end of my budget.

Cheers.
Send them to Leupold they will make them like new, no charge best way to go..

No issues at all with my Meopta 10X42 HD binocs. $425 USD was a great price for them. I have 4 Meopta rifle scopes and 1 pair of Meopta binocs. In my personal opinion, you can't go wrong with Meopta products. Good Hunting.

No issues at all with my Meopta 10X42 HD binocs. $425 USD was a great price for them. I have 4 Meopta rifle scopes and 1 pair of Meopta binocs. In my personal opinion, you can't go wrong with Meopta products. Good Hunting.

Are those Meostars? If so, you got a really good deal.

Send them to Leupold they will make them like new, no charge best way to go..
Looking for more mag and larger glass.
The Mojave are 10x42mm.
I'll still have them sent in for refurbish, keep them as a spare in my truck.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.