Memorial Day

Great thread! Our service members do not now nor have they ever been given the respect and gratitude that they deserve. Sure there are some areas that support their men and women in uniform more than others but civilians will never know what it's like to be told where u have to live, how long u have to live there, when u have to leave at a moments notice, and worst of all how long u have to be away from your family. From me and my family Thank You to anyone that puts a uniform on and sacrifices their personal freedoms so that everyone else can have theirs!!!

We shall never forget our comrades fallen in battle in RVN. My unit lost 57 fine young men from 1968-70. Their faces are growing dimmer over the years, but I remember their sacrifice.

Today, I am thinking of them all, but my heart aches especially for my best friend, Spec4 Donnie Joe Martin KIA in Quang Ngai Prov. on 3-15-1969. He was a soldier's soldier and gave his all that day. He earned a Distinguished Service Cross, Purple Heart and Bronze Star w/valor during one day's battle.

" You are still alive in my heart, Brother and I still see your lopsided grin. I love you, man!"

I still thank God to this day that my Dad survived WWII on Guadalcanal and Tarawa, he was a radio man, and generally the first target. He died in 1977 and I still miss him! Some of us will never know what it is like to go through what they did and survive. In loving memory of all those that gave their all to fight for our freedom!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.