Meindl Comfort Fit Hunters - Durability?

wilkup

Looking for a new pair of boots to hike and hunt the Cascades this year.
I'm extremely hard on footwear and have never had a pair of Danners or Vasques last more than a season.
I really liked how these fit when I tried them on, but want to know if anyone has experience with them falling apart and how well they do in the backcountry.
Thanks in advance.

Way better than danner pronghorn type, not as tough as say kenetreks.

They are the most comfortable and easiest to break in "mountain boot" there is.
Never owned the Pronghorns, just several pairs of Powderhorns and a couple Elk Hunters over the years. I like your comparison between the two though, that's helpful.

If you want a 400gram type boot and are truly hard on boots i would go towards schnees and kenetrek. Schnees fit my foot better and i prefer them. They are the closest to comfort of the meindl comfort hunter for me.

What part of the boot wears out first for you usually?

If you want a 400gram type boot and are truly hard on boots i would go towards schnees and kenetrek. Schnees fit my foot better and i prefer them. They are the closest to comfort of the meindl comfort hunter for me.

What part of the boot wears out first for you usually?
The heal cup on all my footwear gets thrashed pretty quickly. The tread gets worn down and I've never owned a pair of hiking boots the sole didn't delam and fall apart on.
The the last time I was in Bozeman, I tried on a few different Schees models and really liked the fit, but the price tag and my previous experience destroying boots has left me gunshot to spend almost $500 on a pair of boots I will only get one season out of.
$300 is about my limit on footwear.

Heel cup is a problem for me too. Kenetrek i slip in.

The meindl comfort for sole isn't the toughest. Probably part of the reason they are so comfortable but it isn't the toughest.

I still have a pair because they are very nice to switch out and are comfy.

The mountain extreme comfort meindl is a tough sole. I've had that sole before and it lasts very well. Non insinuated, but it probably is warm enough if you are not just sitting there for long periods.

Crispi nevada
Lowa gtx
Zamberlan guide

All 3 are really solid boots, try find one on sale or at least try them on.

Looking for a new pair of boots to hike and hunt the Cascades this year.
I'm extremely hard on footwear and have never had a pair of Danners or Vasques last more than a season.
I really liked how these fit when I tried them on, but want to know if anyone has experience with them falling apart and how well they do in the backcountry.
Thanks in advance.
Wore Meindels when Cabelas carried them and had great luck with them. We operate a not for profit and outfit elk and deer hunts for wounded veterans, so my boots get a lot of miles in a year - and I am a big heavy guy that is hard on equipment. Meindels were the first boots I owned that worked well for multiple seasons - 5 seasons if my memory is correct. I can't speak to the newer models. I read about Kenetreks, so when it came time to replace the Meindels I bought Kenetreks. For me, my feet, and usage they are better. We run cattle in the panhandle of Texas when we are not hunting. I wear Hardscrabble hikers for hunting in cold and wet - more than 5 seasons now. And I wear Dessert Guides almost every day for ranch work - obviously not horseback although that is a different story for a different day. 2 years of working on the Desert Guides. I tried the Safari boot and it really hurt my feet.
For me, either is very good, but I'm going with Kenetreks from now on - unless they change...

I checked out Crispi after someone suggested the Nevada previously. Actually discovered the Colorado and will patiently wait for a sale. They look to be about the perfect boot for me.
I have the Colorado, Summit and Crossover. Like them all for different reasons, however you won't go wrong with the Colorado if you like a bit stiffer sole.

I have the Colorado, Summit and Crossover. Like them all for different reasons, however you won't go wrong with the Colorado if you like a bit stiffer sole.
My ankles don't roll and I don't hunt anywhere I require crampons, so the "softer" boot sounds like a good compromise for me. I tried the stiffer mountaineering boots in the past and didn't like not being able to "feel" the terrain.
How would you compare that Summit to the Colorado as an all around choice? Daily hiker and medium technical terrain.

Last edited:
My ankles don't roll and I don't hunt anywhere I require crampons, so the "softer" boot sounds like a good compromise for me. I tried the stiffer mountaineering boots in the past and didn't like not being able to "feel" the terrain.
How would you compare that Summit to the Colorado as an all around choice? Daily hiker and medium technical terrain.
Summit is just about the same as far as fit as the Colorado, but with a less stiffer sole. Great as a daily hiker and would be a better choice for flatter and less technical terrain….in my opinion.