Gift Ideas Outdoors/Hunter/Shooter?

Without dwelling on particular brands or models, what are some of your go-to gift ideas for the outdoors/hunter/shooters on your list? Particularly the new or aspiring ones? Maybe just stocking-stuffers for yourself.

I'll list a few of my own ideas in the $50-and-under category and would appreciate hearing yours.

• Rechargeable lighting, including solar lamps, rechargeable headlamps & flashlights, and other small lights for tent or camp. I'm a proponent of getting away from packing extra alkaline batteries and the options these days are strong.
  • Inflatable pillow. Lightweight and helps with a good night sleep in a tent.
  • Spork. This classic has been redesigned several times over by several companies.
  • Skinning knives and field dressing accessories. Good especially for new hunters.
  • Head, neck, and hands accessories. New hunters/outdoors people can often benefit from some well-targeted hats, neck warmers, face covers, lightweight gloves, etc.
  • Game calls of all sorts.
Excellent post ! I just bought 6 straight blade skinner/guthook knives that Walmart knocked down to $5.00 ! Also found an out of package short bipod (which I needed for bench shooting) for $19.99 reg. price $40.00. My stocking stuffer. I'm single with son moved out I'm allowed to shop for myself :)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.