Good substitute for Meindl Boots?

LRNut

I see Cabelas no longer carries Meindl boots; I love mine and want to get another pair. Due to recent ankle surgery and a T/N joint fusion, I would like a high top boot with a stiff sole and waterproofing. 400 gram insulation would be a plus. What do you guys recommend? I was looking at Kenetrek, but got turned off by the bad reviews (waterproofing sucks, they fall apart, etc.).

What do you guys who pound the backcountry recommend?

I would recommend crispi. I have the hunters.
My duty boots are the meindl army pro that have great support, are goretex waterproof. Soles have been amazing and have not worn down at all in the year I've been wearing them

Attachments

• 3231CC60-1052-495C-A0B1-0EB1B6780E37.jpeg
    3231CC60-1052-495C-A0B1-0EB1B6780E37.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
I see Cabelas no longer carries Meindl boots; I love mine and want to get another pair. Due to recent ankle surgery and a T/N joint fusion, I would like a high top boot with a stiff sole and waterproofing. 400 gram insulation would be a plus. What do you guys recommend? I was looking at Kenetrek, but got turned off by the bad reviews (waterproofing sucks, they fall apart, etc.).

What size do you need? I've got a pair of the exact boots you're looking for. They are size 9 and were used on a single mountain lion hunt.

I have also been a MeindI fan for a long time and had several pair. I have been using Zamberlan for several years now and not one complaint with them at all.