MEC MARKSMAN ?

WYOHTF

Am looking at a press to expand my setup, does anyone have one of theses?
Pros and cons ?

I have been using my new MEC Marksman hard for about a month now. No issues. Just realize there is no priming on the press. You will have to either get a ram prime or prime some other way.

It is silky smooth, makes straight ammo and it feels right. Get the mount with it. The mount is low enough to feel comfortable sitting but tall enough to use standing (for me anyway, I'm 5'10).

I am selling 3 of my O presses to make some room. I'm still keeping my Forster Co-ax for now, but that might be the next thing sold on ebay.

I've been looking at the Hornady iron press, used a friends for a few rounds, helping him one evening.
He says he wished he got the MEC

I like or need to sit when running a press, wearing a tool belt 40-60 hrs a week kinda kicks my rear at 49
I have a bad back as well and I need to have the option of doing either. I have to stand when running my Dillons because they sit so high.

I really studied and compared presses this year to choose a press that would load straight cartridges, used the press comparison that has been posted on here and did my homework. Final two were marksman and summit, looked like I couldn't go wrong with either. Chose the summit strictly due to them going on sale when the time came to do it. Everyone I've talked to that has a mec loves it, I consider it one of the new wave of presses built with enough movement to allow the die and case to float some and line up better. I think it's a good choice and a quality press for the bench.

Under product reviews and field tests on this forum Jared Bauder does a good review of the press and is worth a read if you are considering.

I have the MEC. Great press. Solid, silky smooth. Has a long throw so you can easily get your longer COAL ammo easily seated. Some people don't like the floating shell holder feature. I use an old RCBS press to deprime. That keeps the MEC clean.
If you have the money, look at the Area 419 press.

i have a MEC. It was between the MEC and the Rockchucker. I was happy I bought the MEC. I run the Hornady LNL conversion.

The Ultimate Reloader guy has a nice press shootout.

I have both a Forster Coax and the MEC Marksman. Both are great presses.

If you want to de-prime on your press, the Coax has a very clean de-priming system. The primer is contained 100% from extraction all the way into the sealed waste cup. There's no residue getting anywhere on the press body or linkage.

My Mec is really smooth...as long as you clean the mechanics before use...i get lots of dust accumulation...so a good wipe down and get to work...
Leave no oily residue on mine either..just a dry rag....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts