Meanwhile on RS they're killin bear, deer, elk , and moose with .223 and 77gr TMK.

Weird that the velocity difference is so high with just 2 grains difference in weight.
That's just the beginning of my load development for the 75 ELDM. I noticed that the feed ramp on my AR15 was taking chunks out of the polymer tip of the 75 ELDM's. I'll probably seat the 75 ELDM's slightly deeper and modify one of my mags this week. I could go hotter but the group opened up when I went .4 gr higher.

Terminal results with 73 gr ELDM.

The guy that's spearheading that change and also who helped test and design the new ugly af rokstock and his name is Chuck but everyone wants to keel it a secret. He's some super duper military intelligence tier one operator dude.
He's also responsible for the berger 215 hybrid shortage. He helped test them and get the military snipers to switch bullets.

His name is Chuck. Aka formidilous

Cartridges are like trucks. When you have a heavy trailer, why go light on the rig? Just cause you CAN doesn't mean you should. It's an ethics issue. You might be able to kill a 1200 lb Grizzly with a .223 but that doesn't mean you should. You might be able to tow at or slightly above rated tow capacity of a 1 ton truck but that doesn't mean you should. Better tools for the job.

Cartridges are like trucks. When you have a heavy trailer, why go light on the rig? Just cause you CAN doesn't mean you should. It's an ethics issue. You might be able to kill a 1200 lb Grizzly with a .223 but that doesn't mean you should. You might be able to tow at or slightly above rated tow capacity of a 1 ton truck but that doesn't mean you should. Better tools for the job.
So where in the thread did they advocate to use the .223 77 tmk on grizzlies?

Bear taken with 77 TMK. Made a mess of the heart and lungs.

Bear taken with 77 TMK. Made a mess of the heart and lungs.

I have been following this thread, but honestly not taking it serious. I shoot .223 for prairie dogs. I finally looked at the pictures of black bear and elk shot with 77 grain TMK. That's a lot of damage. As the saying goes "Bolt me to an axle and call me shocked"

We shoot a lot of cattle, ranch rule is 22 only, maybe so the eyes stay in lol 🤣🤣🤣
Interesting thing is that they never even take a single step.
Most of the time their legs fold under them, and they do an odd bounce off the ground when they fall. They are big, heavy, tough, and yet the 22 with a light bullet is always a 1 and done, instantly.
I used to work at a meat packing plant. Same thing. On one hand it does show you can kill anything with a pretty small round. It's kind of irrelevant though because with a distance of about 4 inches max, it doesn't account for any energy loss over distance and also every shot is perfect placement.

I have been following this thread, but honestly not taking it serious. I shoot .223 for prairie dogs. I finally looked at the pictures of black bear and elk shot with 77 grain TMK. That's a lot of damage. As the saying goes "Bolt me to an axle and call me shocked"
Honestly I didn't put much stock into it either in the beginning. But after studying the terminal pictures the results started to mimic premium hunting bullets from much larger cartridges.