McMillian Stocks?!?!

So I ordered a marble A5 with adjustable cheek riser back in the first part of March. I was quoted an estimated delivery of 20-24 weeks. I called 4 weeks ago and was told that it would likely be another 3-4 weeks. Waited 2 weeks and called again. This time I was told they were painting Januarys orders and were working on February's orders that mine would likely be another 2-3 weeks. So I waited 2 weeks and I called again today. I got the same lady again and again she told me that they were working on February's orders that I would be another 2-3 weeks!

I've got a hunt booked Oct 20th i'm starting to wonder if I will get my stock in time to finish my rifle.

Anybody got any ideas?

I feel your pain, try having 30 of them on order for customers rifles that are all in the same boat you are. Get a lot of frustrated e-mails sent my way every day and not much information to send them.

McMillan does this from time to time. I suspect its because of a government contract. When they get one, most civilian orders are put on hold until gov. contracts are satisfied. Sucks but that's the way it works.

14 to 16 weeks max. No later than June 21 . We are at 35 weeks and counting. The customer for these rifles was promised 2 super high end target quality long range hunting rifles for a hunt in September. I was supposed to deliver them in August so they could get some trigger time before the hunt. Now I'm sitting on $20,000 in parts and NO STOCKS!

I politely call once a month for updates and just keep getting well we are now shipping stocks ordered late February. You should be up soon. I know the score. The firearms industry is buried in demand. I lead by example and my customers understand. What frustrates me is seeing whiners rewarded for bad behavior.

Mine was ordered in February and I'm told I won't get it until November. I wanted it for my hunt that I just finished. I ended up using the HS Precision it came with. It actually grew on me and i made some great long rang kills on antelope and a whitetail I.have also been very polite and patient but I'm debating about calling them next week and telling them to stick it. The thought of a squeaky wheel getting priority ****es me off.

They came yesterday unannounced 10/3/2013. Ordered 2/1/2013. They look good. I wish I could share some of the stuff we do. These are going to be really cool. That is until I just spotted the action inlet is wrong by a mile for the Bat Actions! These will need to go back.

Last edited:
I guess I'm still waiting as they are coerced to jump ahead and get out the stocks for the impatient customers.

I.have also been very polite and patient but I'm debating about calling them next week and telling them to stick it. The thought of a squeaky wheel getting priority ****es me off.

so I am an impatient squeaky wheel for calling about an order after it was not filled when quoted? As far as being polite, I was yall were not on the phone to hear what was said. I will handle my business the way I see fit. yall should do the same without ****ing and moaning about how others handle theirs.

They only act that way because you guys LET THEM! If you STOP buying their stocks...I'll bet 50 cents the production picks up.

I wouldn't wait 10 months or so for a rifle stock....and expensive at that

so I am an impatient squeaky wheel for calling about an order after it was not filled when quoted? As far as being polite, I was yall were not on the phone to hear what was said. I will handle my business the way I see fit. yall should do the same without ****ing and moaning about how others handle theirs.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt because I've bought several stocks from them over the years that we're impeccable and on time. My comment was that they should fill the orders in order taken by day and quoted if they were behind schedule. Being a whinning AH doesn't come naturally to me. So maybe I have to change:rolleyes:

I gave them the benefit of the doubt because I've bought several stocks from them over the years that we're impeccable and on time. My comment was that they should fill the orders in order taken by day and quoted if they were behind schedule. Being a whinning AH doesn't come naturally to me. So maybe I have to change:rolleyes:
I really don't think the OP was whining a bout anything!! The man ordered a stock! McMillin promised him a stock at a certin time! McMillin didn't own up to their end of the bargin! Callin the company an askin where your stock is isn't whining!! It's called wanting a answer of why it wasn't in his hands at the agreed time or what the company quoted! If that is whining, then all people who do business in the world,whin!!!! You,me,everybody!!!!!!! To me whining is something little kids do when A, they want attention, B, when they want attention!!!!!! I really don't think there's any little kids on here!!!!! Just my 2 cts!

DT

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.