McMillan Stocks Jard Trigger System?

KillerBee

Hi All,

I have settled on and am buying a Tikka T3 Stainless 7 mm Remington Mag. The only problem is that I do not like their stock, not only does it not fit me, but it sounds tinny and feels like cheap plastic.

For those reasons I have decided to purchase a custom (may be the wrong word) stock. I have been looking at the McMillan Weatherby stock in Coyote Ambush, should look real good with a stainless barrel.

For thoes of you that have gone with the McMillan stock, I would appreciate hearing your feedback, the good the bad the ugly if there is one. I was thinking of Glass Bedding and Free floating the barrel. Besides the McMillan are there any other custom stock options out there? Any input would be great!

Also as I prefer to have very light trigger pressure and because this will be my long range rifle for hunting Elk and Moose, I have decided to replace the Tikka Factory Trigger with a Jard Trigger System as from my understanding they can be adjusted to 1 1/2 lbs.

Any opinions on the Jard Trigger System would be great as well!

Thanks, KillerBee

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.