McMillan EDGE stocks

86alaskan

so, I've been doing some reading on stocks. I'd like to order a McMillan soon and have a question maybe someone can answer. Do they or can they make any of their stocks with the EDGE shell and fill or does that only apply to the 3 stocks listed on the website? I'm building a 300wm and hoping to save some weight in the stock and this is about the only way that'll happen. Has anyone here had like an A5 or A3 made in the EDGE material?

I think stockys has the A3 sporter edge on their site. I'm pretty sure you can get any of their stocks in edge fill. I have the HTG in edge on a savage, I also have a few Manners EH stocks and honestly I like them a lot better than the Mcm fill.

Yes, you can order any stock made with the edge fill. The wait time for McM is significantly less than Manners unless you're looking for an adjustable stock.

Thanks, that helps. I'm kinda pigeon-holed here, the action is kinda rare, Sako M995, and manners already said they won't inlet for it, nor will they ever. McM has the inlet and actually makes a replica of the factory stock if necessary. Looks like I'll be giving them a call here once I get the marble colors figured out.

Thanks, that helps. I'm kinda pigeon-holed here, the action is kinda rare, Sako M995, and manners already said they won't inlet for it, nor will they ever. McM has the inlet and actually makes a replica of the factory stock if necessary. Looks like I'll be giving them a call here once I get the marble colors figured out.

I don't think you can marble the edge fill, nor any molded color. Its flat color, you can get it dipped afterwards.

My model 70 .270 wears an edge built Hunter. I love it.
As we speak they are building an A3-5 Edge for me as well, for a model 70 I'm currently building in 30 Nosler.

The edge stocks are painted, or in the case of my new one, not painted as I want to do it myself. There is no marbeling.

Also, be aware that you may not get as much value from an edge stock in a magnum caliber, because they beef up the filling around the action. Rather than using all graphite fill, they use a heavier fiberglass for the heavy recoil calibers.

Even though McMillan is faster for custom production than Manners, don't expect it sooner than 6 months or so unless you know someone down there. I have 3 Manners (T2A, EH-2, EH-1) and 2 McMillan stocks (Game Scout w. Edge, Adjustable Game Warden). Love them all.

Well, placed the order yesterday. Apparently they don't have a lot of demand for the Sako TRG-S stock, but anyway. Edge tech stock is 6-8mo out, ****. guess I'll be shooting deer with something else this year.

Well, placed the order yesterday. Apparently they don't have a lot of demand for the Sako TRG-S stock, but anyway. Edge tech stock is 6-8mo out, ****. guess I'll be shooting deer with something else this year.

The Edge Hunter I got last year took 4 or 5 months.

I ordered my Edge A3-5 on 4/6, received my confirmation email on 5/11 and was told last week it was just going into production. I called last week because I am going on vacation for three weeks in July/August and didn't want it to ship while I was gone. McMillan was pretty confident it would not be done before I get back, so I expect to see it around the end of August, if it really is headed into production soon. I ordered it unpainted, so that might save a few days.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.