McMillan HTG/TEX stock opinions

GAHunterJim

I'm looking to try something new with McMillan stocks, I have several Game Hunters but looking for a more traditional stock for a build. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this stock? Thanks in advance!

Yep ran one for several years on my primary rifle. They are great stocks, and have a traditional feel to them if that's what you're after versus the strictly vertical grip stocks. Still one of my favorite stock styles.

I have 2, one with the adjustable cheek. My favorite stock I've used.
Resized_20230804_161120.jpeg
Resized_20231005_150008.jpeg

Great feel, but the comb sits very low. I needed to use a cheek pad of some type. If doing it, would recommend the adj cheek piece.

Manners is another option. Their MCS-T comb sits higher than the McMillan. Have had both. Prefer the smother/narrower forend of the McMillan to the square/wider forend of the Manners.

Prefer the higher comb on the Manners to the low seeping down of the McMillan.

Manners also has the EH2 which in my opinion is the best of both worlds. Higher comb, narrower forend. It isn't supposed to take a Sendero profile, but it can, just narrows the top of the forend a bit.

EH2
IMG_3600.jpeg

MCST
IMG_3563.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks to all. I really like the Manners, been to their shop and handled a few stocks. I do like the EH1 but their pricing is high and you must add a mini-chassis or has action bedded. With mini-chassis, pricing is close to 1000k. I can still get McMs in under 3 months for around 715 and no bedding which I prefer as I swap them out a bit.

This is the stock I want to replace, just got it a few months ago but have three, going to swap barrel too, it's too long at 24" suppressed and I have a 22" for another build. If I could grab an EH1 to drop in I would but I'm not willing to wait that long and then take it to a smith to bed or go the mini-chassis route. Note sure what barrel I may get, leaning towards another 308 at 20". Have one now so stock must be different or I'm duplicating what I already have. I can't seem to determine which McM is closest to the EH1, maybe A-3?

Similar to the A3. I swapped the EH2 for the EH1 on my RUM and I regret it. I like the vertical grip and trigger finger placement is perfect, better than my McMillan Game Wardens, but the forend it ridiculously big for me.

IMG_5627.jpeg

The mcmillian game scout, for smaller barrel profile, or the game warden for larger barrels are close to the EH1
I had a Game Warden on my 308, sold it and replace with the Game Hunter. I like the GW, just like the GH a little better for that rifle. I have a Game Scout on a Win 70 sporter rifle.