Stock opinions please

forest

Hi not sure if have this in the right category but I am going to fit a new stock and was looking a few opinions on them. I have been thinking of the mcmillan stock. I am going for a tactical stock. It will be fitted on a remy 700 varmint. Will be used for target shooting on the range and maybe the odd deer. Had the A4 and A5 on my mind at the moment. I am also looking at other options. Would i be better to keep the hinged floor plate or go for a magazine ? Are there any pros and cons from these tactical stocks thanks.

I have one of my rifles mounted on a McMillan A5 and I like it very much. McMillan can put the flush cups for swing swivel attachments anywhere you want them and I found it quite easy to bed the action in this stock.
IMO it's a good stock whether you're shooting tactical or hunting.
I did find that I had to create a set of hard rubber shims so that my Harris bipod fit snuggly against the forestock but that was a minor issue.
I also like the fact that the cheek piece is removable to make bore and action cleaning very easy. gun)

Ok thanks guys thanks for the advice. I have been looking at them and I think I am swaying towards the A5. I just need a little help on which one suits my rifle. I see them for sale on the forum but not sure which one to buy. I have a remy 700 varmint heavy barrel. I am keeping the hinged floor plate. Right handed and looking the adjustable stock. Which one will suit me? Will it list remington varmint stock? I can't see any listed in the LRH store if anyone could take a look and explain which one I need to order would be great thanks.

lets drop this in the mix....

I had 2 sticks built and one I put as McMillan on, the other I went with a Manners. Candidly, the Manners fit and finish is better and the Manners was less expensive.

Just my 2 cents. I'm a Manners person now.

I'll take a wooen stock from "Stocky's" any day. Heavier...sure..but with laminations its ALMOST warp free and a damm sight betteen looking.

I have MCMillian and Manners both and like both. I don't think you can go wrong either way. If the LRH store doesn't have what your looking for in stock check out Stockystocks.com.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.