Grayboe outlander stock opinions

MT257

Looking to possibly swapping out my factory Remington CDL stock to lighten up my rifle. Stumbled on Grayboe stocks. Does anyone have any feed back on these stocks? The rifle was originally a cdl fluted barrel but was replaced with a PacNor barrel that was the exact barrel profile as the original minus the flutes. Am I able to use the floor plate on my current rifle with these stocks or do I need to buy their floorplate? I'm guessing I could reduced almost a pound assuming my current stock is 2.5 pounds and the spec on the outlander is 25-27 ounces.

A regular BDL floorplate will work. The stocks are constructed well and priced fairly through Red Hawk Rifles who is one of the larger resellers for them.

As far as fit goes, I held one on the Remington AWR which comes with the stock. I prefer more of a raised comb, but otherwise it seemed great for the price. Buy with confidence and worst case you can add an adjustable cheekpiece or a slip on one depending on how high you mount your scope.

Stocks are solid for what you pay, I like the flush cups and extra swivels. I think it would be a nice upgrade for you. Factory bdl fits right in. I have an extra greyboe terrain sitting at the house for a long action. Pm me if it's something your interested in. Best wishes!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.