Mcmillan game stalker

Achapa87

anyone have any experience with this stalk. I've always been a manners snob but recently heard McMillan has changed its feel. I never liked the plastic glossy feel they had. But was thinking since they have carbon now indeed the feel has changed. This stalk with be on a 6.5 SAUM for General Texas hunting and steel. So anyone that has feed back on this stalk or the change of feel McMillan has I'd appreciate it.

Game hunter? There was going to be a stalker but it the name stayed Mcmillan hunter. What your feeling when you handle them is about the highest quality construction you can get. The outer layer is gelcoat then epoxy soaked fiberglass or carbon fiber. Just like a boat is made. You can get them painted if you prefer.

I have the Game Warden on my rifle and absolutely love it. they are expensive, but worth it to me. The most solid stock I have ever used or held. Will be one on my next build also.

06F764D1-F480-4F55-A1D3-38E4770C2F4B.png

Thats a new one to me, looks like they just changed the grip.
  • All of the great features of our very popular Game Hunter with a traditional grip

I had talked to McMillan, 3-4 months ago, about a stock they called a Game Stalker but that picture isn't what they told me it was. They told me it was a McMillan Hunter that had the top side of the forend widened.

I know they have some stocks that aren't cataloged and was asking about them when they told me about the Stalker. I like the McMillan Hunter from the front of the action back better than any other stock but I don't like the forend. I wish they would marry the front of their BDL stock to the back of the McMillan Hunter.

Thats what I was referring to. I had asked for a Mcmillan hunter with a slightly wider forend to better fit a #4. They widened the forend 1/8" on the mcmillan hunter. Its now the standard mcmillan hunter. You wont notice the difference unless you get out a caliper but it does make a #4 fit nicely now. My absolute favorite stock for a #2-#4.

I wish they would make the bottom of the forend bigger and more round so it felt like you had something to hold on to. It is so skinny, it feels like it should be held with your thumb and index finger.

I like the forends on the Manners EH3 and SL stocks but I'm not a fan of the stocks overall.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a stock to fit a Sendero or Sendero light contour proof. I wanted a more traditional stock and the game stalker looks good. I like a wider Forend for use in deer blinds

The Remington hunter is a thicker version of the Mcmillan hunter. It will be perfect for a Varmint contour also

Alamo Precision Rifles designed a mcmillan stock that is the exact same footprint as the McMillan Hunter but with a wider forend - I'd guess it's a 1/2" wider.

Look at their social media pages for pics - but I know you can order them from McMillan and they should know what you're talking about.

They use them for up to Proof Sendero contour barrels.

Looks exactly like the version of the Remington hunter that Redhawk stocks. Wider forend, cut for Sendero contour. They stock them with an edge fill and cut for a wyatts box. Nice stock, I have one on my RUM, and they have any color you want as long as you want black. The forend is wide and stiff.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.