McMillan Game Scout

How does the Game Scout pair with a Proof Sendero Light contour? I'm not sure if I should go with the Scout or Warden.
The game scout won't work with the Sendero light. Not enough fore end width for it to fit properly. I wanted to do it and ran into that problem.

So, the Warden would be a good fit?

On the flip side, I dont want to overstock the barrel either.

My complaints about mcmillan stocks, they don't have high enough combs accept for the adjustable versions. They might work well with low or extra low rings with 40-44mm obj optics, but once you get further above the barrel, they're low. Maybe it's my facial bone structure. Manners mcs-t and some the ag composites, and jcs composites have some better options and all are quick to get, minus manners, they take for f'n ever.

Game hunter has the higher comb.
I have one, it fits me okay for low rings small obj scopes. However the monte Carlo offsets my face some, idk there are better designd out there. Check out the Mesa altitude, it's made my ag, it's an ambidextrous improvement over the game hunter w/o the monte carlo.

I've been running a Game Scout for a couple years now and while I like the stock, comb height is a bit low for me. I have a 44mm obj scope in Seekins low rings and felt it necessary to add a Triad Tactical stock pack to gain better cheek weld.

Facial structure has already been mentioned as a variable worth considering as I've also shot rifles where the comb was so high a could barely squeeze my eye down far enough to see through the scope. I mention this as I believe my overall structure is middle of the road.

If, or when, considering another McMillan stock I'll strongly lean toward an A3 Sporter (not a huge fan of the beavertail fore end) or the Game Hunter.

My $0.02

JR

I do not have a GS stock,,, but I have a custom carbon fiber that is close to this.

"""If""" the optic lens is too high,,, add a butt stock ammo pouch with a gel in-sirt to do a soft face plant.

Suck those straps up tight so things don't move.

The benefits of this allows the rifle to fit a solid bunny ear bag for sight in with out damaging the bag,,, and having access to 5 fast rounds and an extra 5 or 7 on-top of that. Pretty sure that a extra 1/2 pound ain't going to slow me down that much.

Actually going slower is another +. Ha

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.