McMillan Game Sport stock

Firearrow

Looking at getting this stock for my next build. Will be on a rifle for backpacking and shooting prone. Anyone want to chime in with comments either way.

Thanks

No complaints. I bed all my rifles so a perfect fit to the receiver! For me it's a perfect combo, vertical grip with narrow forend that makes it a joy to pack. If you order one I would recommend spending the money for machined in pillars and still bedding the action.

Oh by the way, this is what is going on my custom build which is being built by Lane Precision Rifles.

Other than having the pillars installed any other suggestions? I was looking at the grey color for a finish. Any complaints about the paint. I plan on having a stiller action in this guy with a #4 or 5 contour.

A #4 contour is about as heavy as I'd go. Might look a little goofy with a #5 due to how slim the forend is. The paint is good quality. Most mine are mold in color but I have one that was painted and hydro dipped.

I just looked at mine two days ago when my smith told me it was in and to bring down my components. It is one nice looking stock and I got mine in "McWoody."
And they were able to inlet it for a left hand 788 action which will now be a 260 AI with a broughton 4.1 contour. Man, I can hardly wait. ALMOST as good as a Russo................gun):D

Randy

You'll be a happy camper. I'll post up some photos when my build is done----be prepared to wait a bit. My order took about 5 1/2 months.

Randy

That's what my barrel should take. I'm in no real rush. I'll be paying for stuff as I go. Once I rat hole the cash for the action, I can get in line at my gunsmiths shop. From there out I will be buying components. By the time he can get to me, I hope to have the barrel, stock, and trigger paid for.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.