MBUS Sight Help

shooter7

Got to shoot my very first AR the other day and got my scope zeroed. I'm running Magpul MBUS sights on a 45 degree off set and I got the windage set but I lost my instructions and I'm not sure how much to adjust the front sight. I remember reading 1/4 turn = (X) change in impact but I don't remember the value of X and can't find it online. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If this is a A2 front sight, then 1 click of elevation change is equal to 1 1/4" at 100 yards.

You can tell the difference by looking at the front sight post. If the sides of the post are square, and if the base has only 4 cuts in it, it's an A2 sight. The cuts are where the detent rests. If the sight post is rounded, and the base has 5 cuts, then you have an A1 sight.

The A1 sight is a 1" per click at 100 yards adjustment.

Better to know this now rather than find out when you make dope changes at the 300 yard line!

I admit I stole this off another site. I thought I'd google my answer to check my recollection. Then I decided it was said quite well, and much easier to copy and paste here. The adjustments are for 20" barrels. I can't remember if Carbines get a little more movement of the bullet strick due to the shorter sight radius.

Test it out, shoot a 3-5 round group at 100yds, adjust a few clicks, shoot another 3-5 rd group. Take how far the new group moved from the old group, and divide by the clicks you adjusted, that's how far one click moves the round strike on your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.