Eotech Weapon Sight Buy Back/Recall

I've had my EOTech 512 for 6 years and haven't had a single issue and it's held zero despite the many bumps and knocks it's received over the years, also, it gets ****-hot and humid here in Alabama, and no POI shifts that I've experienced. I think I'll be keeping mine. :D

I've had my EOTech 512 for 6 years and haven't had a single issue and it's held zero despite the many bumps and knocks it's received over the years, also, it gets ****-hot and humid here in Alabama, and no POI shifts that I've experienced. I think I'll be keeping mine. :D

Same here, It gets hot in Tennessee also and I've not had one single problem with either. I like scopes but the eotech is a lot faster plus my son really likes it.

I like my eotech

I don't like extreme weather either.

we should get along fine!

I'm not 100% certain those details were released.

I sent mine in. I never use it and for all extensive purposes mine was well out of date of any warranty, Oct 2006.

I am wondering if they are going to fix them and sell them as refurbished.

They are taking a hell of a hit as far as a company goes. Not saying they can't/won't rebound, but ouch! $$$$$$$$

I'm not 100% certain those details were released.

I sent mine in. I never use it and for all extensive purposes mine was well out of date of any warranty, Oct 2006.

I am wondering if they are going to fix them and sell them as refurbished.

They are taking a hell of a hit as far as a company goes. Not saying they can't/won't rebound, but ouch! $$$$$$$$

The settlement they paid, $26.5 million, is nothing for L3. Their annual revenue is over $4 billion just in their Electronics division alone.

Bringing this one back up again. Any info on changes made to the 512 or on how the company dealt with the problem?

Has anyone actually heard of from reliable sources, seen or experienced problems with EOTech products? I just bought a 512 from a member on here and I'm really excited about getting it and running it through the paces. This is the only negative I've heard about the product and haven't seen a widespread heavily publicized smear campaign by competitors, so ... Was wondering what's the real world deal

Its a POI shift in below freezing temps. The colder it gets the worse it was, however it was still minimal. I just bought six of them and had to sign a document acknowledging they had a problem even though the ones I received were just manufactured.

Class Action Settlement:

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 177
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.