maybe this is the year for a suppressor

There are a couple words in your post that dont make sense..."form 4 kits"???

To my knowledge no one sells Form 4 kits...all the "kits" I've ever seen are Form 1 kits, which most are not very good.

For a quality Form 1 you are much better off buying parts from varies vendors so your suppressor will meet your needs.

I have four Form 1 suppressors (before the end of the year, will apply for one more) and I have two Form 4 commercial suppressors.

IMO - the "home made" suppressors are every bit as good, if not better than the commercial suppressors I have.
Yep, mistyped. Meant form 1. My requests are quiet and light.
You mentioned getting a hold of various vendors. What vendors have you found to be quality? I'm looking at a .30 cal setup. Primarily for target shooting but hunting applications as well.
Jk are the only guys I've found that seem to have any publicity.

There are a couple words in your post that dont make sense..."form 4 kits"???

To my knowledge no one sells Form 4 kits...all the "kits" I've ever seen are Form 1 kits, which most are not very good.

For a quality Form 1 you are much better off buying parts from varies vendors so your suppressor will meet your needs.

I have four Form 1 suppressors (before the end of the year, will apply for one more) and I have two Form 4 commercial suppressors.

IMO - the "home made" suppressors are every bit as good, if not better than the commercial suppressors I

Yep, mistyped. Meant form 1. My requests are quiet and light.
You mentioned getting a hold of various vendors. What vendors have you found to be quality? I'm looking at a .30 cal setup. Primarily for target shooting but hunting applications as well.
Jk are the only guys I've found that seem to have any publicity.
I have not looked at the JK kit in almost a year, but the last I seen they are all aluminum so it will not handle a lot of heat.

The ATF are constantly giving vendors a hard time so availability changes.

Your best bet is to join Form 1 Suppressor Forum, it's the only way you can view threads, AND READ!

Unless you have pretty thick skin they can be pretty rough on new guys who jump on the forum wanting the best stuff money can buy and have someone give them all the specs for it to be the best suppressor ever! Oh and dont ask what is the best "kit" for a 30 caliber can? They dont really exist, because the JK is all aluminum it will not be highly recommended. These guys want their suppressors to last basically the life of the owner. I doubt the JK would unless your pretty long in the tooth already.

In the Vendor forum they have a sticky with all the current vendors. The suppressor forum has about all the info you need to build a quality quiet suppressor without ever asking a question.

I have one big build tip for you. I have had great luck with even spacing on my internals. Many do progressive spacing (space get small down the length). But there is a lot of math for not enough gain IMO.

It's a lot more fun to know why your suppressor works and why it won't work if you did it differently than just having someone hand it all to you.

I have not looked at the JK kit in almost a year, but the last I seen they are all aluminum so it will not handle a lot of heat.

The ATF are constantly giving vendors a hard time so availability changes.

Your best bet is to join Form 1 Suppressor Forum, it's the only way you can view threads, AND READ!

Unless you have pretty thick skin they can be pretty rough on new guys who jump on the forum wanting the best stuff money can buy and have someone give them all the specs for it to be the best suppressor ever! Oh and dont ask what is the best "kit" for a 30 caliber can? They dont really exist, because the JK is all aluminum it will not be highly recommended. These guys want their suppressors to last basically the life of the owner. I doubt the JK would unless your pretty long in the tooth already.

In the Vendor forum they have a sticky with all the current vendors. The suppressor forum has about all the info you need to build a quality quiet suppressor without ever asking a question.

I have one big build tip for you. I have had great luck with even spacing on my internals. Many do progressive spacing (space get small down the length). But there is a lot of math for not enough gain IMO.

It's a lot more fun to know why your suppressor works and why it won't work if you did it differently than just having someone hand it all to you.
ton of info here, thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.