maybe this is the year for a suppressor

Might want to plan on getting it in a year, based on current wait times. My check was cashed 1/16/19 and I'm still waiting....

My dealer is telling me he is seeing three months on current applications.

Have you called them?

My check was cashed on 1/8/2019. It was approved about 5 days after I called in October.

Got it rigged out and zero'd on my wife's 6.5x06 in time for opening weekend of deer season.

She took a nice 10pt with it.
20191109_183848-1.jpg
20191109_184024.jpg

The ATF is not processing on consistent times right now. There are really random results. It's like everyone at the ATF had a stack of applications and then they hired more people and split the stacks in the middle so the applications are not necessarily being processed first come first served until the split stacks are finished

Rehashing this after seeing the 7oz GAP jager. https://www.gaprecision.net/jager-suppressor.html
Haven't even got my first one and I'm thinking of selling a rifle to fund a second one. I have grand ideas of a stubby 6.5 cm with this but not sure that fits the specs on this suppressor. It seems I'd need a 20"bbl and the suppressor would put it back to 24.5" which is near factory length for tikkas. If it would handle 18"bbl lengths it sure would be a nice option. Is there anything else new out there in this weight class that is also over barrel?

My 2nd can arrived at my dealer, but he said wait times are now 12 months...looks like no one is being pulled from the middle of the stack!

This really sux's

Some form 4 individuals are coming back in 90 days.

I was in the same boat but got a smoking deal on a QD titanium. I'll buy the brakes.
Which form 4 kits are guys liking? JK has some good publicity in "Recoil" mag. Any other options guys like?

If you are going for a lightweight rifle.Why a tbac? Lots of other really good cans out there that are a good bit lighter.
Lots of other cans out there that "a good bit lighter" than 7oz? Please share this information with the rest of the class

Which form 4 kits are guys liking? JK has some good publicity in "Recoil" mag. Any other options guys like?
There are a couple words in your post that dont make sense..."form 4 kits"???

To my knowledge no one sells Form 4 kits...all the "kits" I've ever seen are Form 1 kits, which most are not very good.

For a quality Form 1 you are much better off buying parts from varies vendors so your suppressor will meet your needs.

I have four Form 1 suppressors (before the end of the year, will apply for one more) and I have two Form 4 commercial suppressors.

IMO - the "home made" suppressors are every bit as good, if not better than the commercial suppressors I have.

Silencer shop is selling a form 1 kit that's pretty nice. Not just a threaded tube. Brother in law bought one. It's as good as his Harvester and on par with my Saker

I've started to get a bit more serious about a hunting suppressor and think i want the TB ultra7. what i'm unsure of is if i want a direct thread or CB model. does the CB model increase the sound when compared to one without a brake? i'm assuming the CB mount will make it slightly longer than direct thread as well.

is a trust worth the extra wait time if i don't plan to share the suppressor? i do have a younger son and am thinking this would be the only reason for one but still crossing my fingers that suppressors may not be so restricted one day.

also, i work with explosives and get a background check done regularly with the ATF. will this speed up the process any or not even be in the equation?
Yes if you have a son to pass it on to I would definitely do the trust and in my opinion your regular background checks and background with explosive would speed it up but don't count on it it's the government

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.