Is there a one size fits all suppressor

For bolt guns sure. A nice 30 cal can like a tbac will work great on anything centerfire up to its limits.

For gas guns it gets iffy. Bolt gun oriented cans are often super high back pressure and make tuning not as fun. Doable but not as fun.

I mean you can get a do all can that goes from 22lr up to 458win mag and even work with pistols but for your uses I think you'd be better suited to get a 30 cal can with a QD mount.

Almost any 30 cal can will work for both. Just make sure it's rated for both, though I think it's unlikely a 30 cal rifle can wouldn't be rated for 22-250. A modular design like Rex Silentium's Mod X will give you a bit more flexibility.

There's some, like the Hybrid 46, that'll do almost anything up to .458. you'll definitely lose a little bit of suppression over a smaller bore can, but it'll make a noticable difference on anything you shoot through it. Just make sure you can fully disassemble it for cleaning if you want to use it for rimfire.

Last edited:
Do e-file form 4 wait times seem to be getting shorter or longer lately? I see a lot of 250ish days, but those were filed early last year. That seems to be down from a year wait shortly before. I filed one on Nov 1... of course we all want to know when we will be able to play with our toys.