match grade dies vs custom grade dies

moa_shooter

i and trying to figure out what type of dies i should get for a 7mm Remington magnum and need help because i want to load 175gr burgers elite hunter bullets and want the best G1 and G7 and was looking for some information. so tell me what your experience is
Thanks

My opinion. Forster FL die, Forster neck die with 3 bushings and shoulder bump, Forster Micrometer bench rest seater, and a Sinclair neck expander die with both the .283 and .282 mandrel. Throw away the expander button in the Forster die and expand the necks with the Sinclair die. You can spend more, but this will load exceptionally straight ammo. You might be able to tell some difference in a benchrest rifle with hand dies, but not in a hunting rifle. You can also duplicate this with Redding for twice the money and the same quality and results.

My opinion. Forster FL die, Forster neck die with 3 bushings and shoulder bump, Forster Micrometer bench rest seater, and a Sinclair neck expander die with both the .283 and .282 mandrel. Throw away the expander button in the Forster die and expand the necks with the Sinclair die. You can spend more, but this will load exceptionally straight ammo. You might be able to tell some difference in a benchrest rifle with hand dies, but not in a hunting rifle. You can also duplicate this with Redding for twice the money and the same quality and results.
can you just get the links for me that would be great

Brownells.com
U00085 Ultra Micrometer Seater
005491 FL Die
749-011-715WB Neck expander
749-011-176WB .283 mandrel
749-001-167WB .282 mandrel
Midwayusa.com
785053 Bushing bump neck die with three bushings.
Brownells does not sell the Forster bump die. They have Redding if you want to get everything in the same place.
Midway does not sell the neck expanding die.
You will also need a shell holder if you do not already have one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.