Marlin X7 action threads

Wachsmann

Hello all,
My question is what is the action thread on a marlin X7 preferably the X7VH. Looking at maybe buying one but I not to crazy about the 1:12 twist rate. So I was thinking about replace the barrel to a 1:10 twist rate. I would prefer to shoot the 165 to 168 grain bullets. thanks for any info.

Hello all,
My question is what is the action thread on a marlin X7 preferably the X7VH. Looking at maybe buying one but I not to crazy about the 1:12 twist rate. So I was thinking about replace the barrel to a 1:10 twist rate. I would prefer to shoot the 165 to 168 grain bullets. thanks for any info.

I couldn't find any thread drawings for the X7 or X7VH but it is not necessary to know this in advance (It is nice , but not a must).

Most of the newer Marlins have a 18 pitch V thread . The older Marlins use a Square thread, (normally a 12 pitch).

The smith will need to measure the thread tenon and the pitch anyway to get a proper fit.
to the receiver.

If you want to know before you start, break the barrel out of the receiver and you can measure everything.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for the info. After looking at the bullet selection I will probably most likely use the 1:12 twist will be ok. Just looking at something cheaper to shoot during the off season to keep up my shooting skills and have some fun with. The 308 seem to be a no brainer. Easy brass and 30 cal bullets. Powder might be a different story but brass and bullets wont be an issue.

So I have read that you can use savage barrels on these rifles. I'm assuming that it would be the newer ones?! If this is true then your options for barrels open up a great deal.

Thanks for the info. Tat 6.5 rifle pretty cool. I was doing some reading on another form and it looks like the marlinX7 is a lot like a savage. I figured it was. Its just something else I the group I have but the 308 will much cheaper to load for than my 6.5x284 norma and my 300 RUM and my 7mm mag. Actually the cheapest to load for is my wife's 243 but she gets a little ansey when I go out burning up here barrel, basically shooting here gun. She gets a little jealous. So whats a man to do... get another gun.:D

I wasn't showing off the caliber. More like showing the versatility of the action its self.
I agree the 308 is a terrific round. Its my favorite caliber.
I would like to learn more about these actions. If I come across one thats cheap I'll pick it up, and build something I don't have out of it :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.