Marking parallax

olympicmotors

How do you mark your scopes for correct parallax? I have a Zeiss conquest which has a side parallax adjustment, but it is un calibrated and just has unmarked dots on it. I thought about masking tape but that seems kind of dinky and un professional . I could use a paint marker when I am 100 percent sure I have it calibrated correctly, but my penmanship is awful and I am sure I would make a big mess of it.

I cut a strip of masking tape or white/grey electric tape and wrap the dial. Then I set parallax at 100, 300, 600 and 1k, marked with the first number and a dot. I don't mark the dial permanently becuase I find it's a little off when it gets cold out. Not sure if this is a product of the scopes (NXSs and VariX 3s) or, more likely, the atmospherics. It's close, but not enough for MOA sized targets at and beyond 600y.

FatBoy is right, the parallax can change at times. What you call dinky I call DIY. Dinky has worked for me for a while.

Last edited:
Did you read the sticky on setting side parralax scopes in the LR scopes and other optics section. The first thing you will need to do is find your infinity dot on the scope. As it states in the sticky you always set side paralax scopes from longest range and turn down to close range. Please read the sticky it will save you a lot of headaches.

I tape dope to my scopes all the time, who cares what it looks like, key is it works. Don't worry about marking parallax, just use your eye as your adjusting to remove parallax. A lot of variables can change parallax

Unless you are on the same power at a given yardage, say 15x at 800 yards, it can be different on 20x at 800 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts