Mark V 338 edge

martyj

Got this rifle back 5/30/15 and was suppose to adjust the trigger myself according to the gunsmith.
The barrel is loose from the action when I took it out of the stock. How do you tighten them or loctite them.
I haven't got the slightest idea.
Over 2000.00 dollars for custom gun work and all I been doing is working on it
Id like to take it back but not sure I trust him to do it right.
thanks martyj

Are you saying you can unscrew the barrel from the action by hand?

If that is the case, I'd be a little annoyed with the smith.

IMO the smith should finish that part of the installation. No charge.

You can do it yourself but

I haven't done that part so the experienced smiths here will need to comment on finishing the barrel install.

I felt something wobble when I removed the action from the stock and the barrel turned in the action and was loose.
We are way passed annoyed.

So far safety wouldnt work and got that fixed.
Put the screw in for the trigger that was missing
and now all I need is to tighten the barrel up and will wonder how head space is.

I felt something wobble when I removed the action from the stock and the barrel turned in the action and was loose.
We are way passed annoyed.
I'm sorry that happened. It's one of those things that isn't supposed to but does. From what I know smiths will often remove the barrel to work on the action. Just makes it easier to maneuver around the shop. Then last thing before delivery, torque it down.

I hope the smith is not too far away.

IIWM: Take it back to him and be sickening nice. "Hi 'bob', I think we missed something. Could you please torque the barrel and recheck the headspace?"

Depending on who paid for what, your cost for this custom are not out of line but like I said, loose barrels on delivered rifles shouldn't happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.