Mark V .257 WBY advice wanted

I used tla hoot the 100 ttsx @375/ in mine, it was a Lazer. I'd probably shoot Hammers now if I till had it. 7828ssc is still the velocity king in that cartridge I believe.

On my new (to me) New Haven Classic Stainless, I got a deal on factory ammo and 2 Leupold VX-3HD 4.5-14 scopes, still have no dies, so using the factory 115g BT.
So far, accuracy is very good, yet to take an animal due to Corona bat flu, but the new year is looking good.
Looking forward to using the 110g Accubond and 115g Partition, as those are the best 2 bullets in my 3 25-06's.

Cheers.

So I recently picked up a Mark V backcountry chambered in 257 Weatherby mag. In the beginning stages of figuring out optics and factory loads that would work mainly for deer hunting. Curious if anybody else has experience they would be willing to share with me what works for them in their Mark V? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you in advance
Unless you handload, factory ammo is hard to come by and very pricey. What do you currently have?

May I tag in , sort of relevant. My buddy needs 240 Weatherby brass real bad. Any ideas?
Worse comes to worse, run 25-06 brass through the sizing die, fire form and you are good to go. Head space off the neck versus the belt. If you want a Belt on the formed brass order dies from CH4, theirs will form a belt but in reality the belt does nothing that you can't accomplish by head spacing on the shoulder.

I owned one W rifle and the barrels were good for 400-500 shots 30-378 When it needed the 3rd barrel I sold it. What is the life expectancy of the 257?

As to glass. big objectives are really nice for low light and big field of view. I had a 4X16 on a long range rifle once and I always had it on 16. So I finally put a 8X32 on it and was finally happy

You should get at least 1000-1500 out of a bee. We're you shooting strings? Heat will kill any barrel but I've got more than that out of my bee already. And it's a 257.

Dont own your particular rifle but I do have 3 257 WTBY's
1-MK V Ultralight with VX5 3-15
2-MK V Accumark with 4-16 Zeiss
3-Rem 700 w/fast twist rock creek CF barrel for heavies wearing a 5-25 Zeiss.
I think the 257 WTBY is an amazing round Ive shot bear deer elk and antelope with it and (knock on wood) never had to put a second bullet in anything and Ive been using 257 WTBY religiously since 1991.

As far as barrel life my Accumark has over 900 documented rounds thru it and still shoot under.5 with hand loads.

Five of us here shooting .257 Wby, three MKV and two Vanguard. All are very accurate with 115 Berger VLDH and H1000 with little variation in charge weight. Outstanding on deer and antelope here in Az.

Mine liked a 110 accubond but mine were handloads. I would try them in factory form and see how they work.