Manners EH2 or EH3

Bronc1

I have dialed my stock choice down to a EH2 or EH3 for my Stiller Predator long action/#3B Bartlein. I do have a couple questions:

-Will the 3B Bartlein fit in this stock?
-Is there any differences?
-I will be using a 42-50 millimeter scope should I lean towards the EH3?
-Are they as good as or better than Mcmillan quality and service?
-Will a Remington inletted stock work with the Stiller Predator in reference to port and bolt

I have an R700 LA BDL w. #3 fluted Bartlein in a Manners EH-2 topped with a S&B PMII 3-20x50. Seekins 20MOA base & 34mm low rings. The fit of the stock is great for the barrel contour, the comb is just a touch too short still for my tastes, so I added a cheek pad to it. I think with a 30mm tube and 50mm objective scope, it would be dang near perfect for cheek weld.

The Bartlein 3B should fit fine. Fits up to a #4 or 5.

EH-2 has a higher comb than the EH-3.

I love the quality. Lighter than my McMIllans w. Edge, plenty stiff and top quality.

Not sure on the Stiller vs. R700 inletting.

Last edited:
-Will the 3B Bartlein fit in this stock?
-Is there any differences?
-I will be using a 42-50 millimeter scope should I lean towards the EH3?
-Are they as good as or better than Mcmillan quality and service?
-Will a Remington inletted stock work with the Stiller Predator in reference to port and bolt

Tech Specs:
http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

- It will fit. I think that the barrel channel is the same on both.
- The difference is drop at the pad. The EH2 has more drop at the pad. I have the EH3. EH3 is probably a bit better for prone type shooting, kind of in between the EH1 and EH2.
- I have had a 40mm scope w/ 1" tube in talley lows, and it's really nice for the way I hold a rifle. I also had a 44mm scope w/ 30mm tube in low mounts on a 20moa rail that was fine. Same rifle/stock different scopes.
- I think that it is as nice as a mcmillan.
- Stiller are supposed to be a R700 clone, but they have more options now, so I don't know.

Call Manners and ask for Robert , he will get you dialed in. He's the best in the business. They have a guy doing bedding now as well, I sent them my barreled action and they finished the stock up around the actual action. Incredible attention to detail.

http://mannersstocks.com/stock-technical-specifications/

JB is correct. The combs are identical but the pad drop is about 1/2" lower on the eh2. Depending on bore diameter you may want the extra drop. Example, i have a 223 in an EH1 and my cleaning rod will not clear my pad preventing me from cleaning my barrel w/out extraction. I have an eh2 I have not put it in, but I hope the drop allows me to clear my pad. 7mm and up there shouldn't be an issue as the one piece rods are longer.

Im having a build being done with an EH3 and a Proof lite barrel chambered in 300 saum. So it better fit!

What is the wait on a manners stock order?? Thanks again for the advice
When I talked to them about an EH3 in January they said 9+ months. I ended up going with a McMillan made for and sold by Hill Country Rifles. They (HCR) said 4 months and I got it in 4 months and 1 week. Love Manners but the wait has just been too long for me recently. Several GS's I know said they've been getting stocks in from Manners that were not right and had to go back. I think they're struggling done with the recent demand.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts