Manner's Stock Opinions...EH2 or EH3??

Ingwe

My rifle is a Win M70 7mmRemMag, #4 contour 26" Benchmark Barrel, LEFT HAND>

I am interested in buying an EH2 or EH3 stock but I'm not sure which one to go with...the website isn't bad but not a great help either. I called and spoke to a nice lady there, but she did seem to be reading off of the website descriptions, so I won't put much value on her opinion....she was nice enough though:)

The gun is primarily my main hunting rifle, and I also do allot of 1,000 steel shooting with it, as well as an annual Prairie Dog Shoot.

So I do want a long range rifle but not one dedicated to shooting it off the bunch....I want to be able to carry it around while hunting. I'm not so worried about weight...just its configuration for carrying it.

I am going to mount a Nightforce NSX 5x22x56 on it so I need a high enough comb for that. The grip seems to be a bit thicker on the 2 and the 3's opened up a bit.

I would appreciate your thoughts on which model to order....what's the bottom line on these 2 models and how do they feel in your hands carrying it and grip, face on comb, etc.

What do you guys think??

I have had the EH2 and have handled an EH3. I MUCH prefer the ergs of the EH3. I just could not warm up to the Grip on the EH2.

John

I shot them an email yesterday and was quickly answered by Matt Walker with a very detailed response. He advised me to look at their MCS-TA which has an adjustable comb since I want to use such a big scope (56mm)

Great Customer Service...Thanks Matt!

I have the exact same question. If any one has experience or knowledge please share !!!!

I have been wanting to put a MCS-T on my rem 5r 300wm mostly due to the grip length of the stock, I have wide hands, I also have a 308 with a mcmillan A4 that I really like to use, but cant carry it out the house to the pickup without a break to catch my breath.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.