Manners BDL Mini Chassis with DBM?

Elnicko

I have a Manners EH5 with the BDL mini chassis but would prefer a detachable mag setup. Would a DBM that is designed as a drop in fit for a BDL stock work with the mini chassis? I am thinking of going with the HS Precision DBM Kit but was wondering if anyone had tried this before I buy one. Thanks for your help!

I have seen this done but never personally with a mini chassis. A friend of mine did this with a McMillan stock and used wyatts cip DBM bottom metal. It didn't line up with the stock but it worked. 082A1071-AEB1-4216-80E0-B399852B56DC.jpeg

I have an EH1 with bdl mini-chassis. Currently using BDL bottom metal. I was told that HS precision Gen2 bottom metal would work by one person and by another that it would not. I think it will- can't see why it wouldn't. Please let me know what you find - I am interested as well.

Talked to a tech at Manners. He said he was unsure if it would fit or not but guessed that it probably wouldn't. Sounds like the only way to know is to try it.

I'm waiting on my finished rifle to come back from Deep South tactical. I shipped all the parts out to them a few weeks ago and hope to have the rifle back within a couple weeks. I felt like I really wanted the BDL bottom metal over anything else, but it would be so nice to be able to change out bottom metal if I ever want to.

Judging by the way the BDL bottom metal and magazine box fit inside the mini chassis - I just can't see it being any different with the HS precision setup

That's what I'm thinking. The guy at Manners thought it would be too large to fit but I'm gonna try it anyways. Can always go back to the BDL if it doesn't work

When I was debating on what to do initially- Stocky's had them in stock. I bet theyd have no problem refunding you if it didn't fit. Seems like a good place to work with.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.