Mandrel lube

I've tried graphite and hbn to expand, but as stated, it feels "gritty" . Using the lube, the cases go so smoothly that it's almost as if it's not even expanding !!!!! I have both graphite and hbn set ups, but they don't get used...rsbhunter

I say if you're using the powder lube try the lee lube and give us feedback, I was using hbn not graphite so I don't know if there is a difference between the two but the lee is way better than the hbn

NEO LUBE #2 and a qtip...you can't over apply it and it dries in seconds......you can thank me later. 😂

NEO LUBE #2 and a qtip...you can't over apply it and it dries in seconds......you can thank me later. 😂
Someone mentioned NEO LUBE #2 in a thread months ago. I was looking for something for my 6.5-284 loads which would be stored for a long time to reduce / prevent galvanic bonding inside the neck between the copper bullet and brass case. I haven't used it yet in my normal .270 Win. hunting loads but it seems to work very well in the 6.5-284. It's easy and quick to apply with a q-tip. A little bottle goes a very long way. I don't have an arbor press with a gauge, so I can't provide quantifiable comparable numbers, but seating is smoother and feels more consistent. It's very interesting stuff.

Happy hunting!

SF -

Someone mentioned NEO LUBE #2 in a thread months ago. I was looking for something for my 6.5-284 loads which would be stored for a long time to reduce / prevent galvanic bonding inside the neck between the copper bullet and brass case. I haven't used it yet in my normal .270 Win. hunting loads but it seems to work very well in the 6.5-284. It's easy and quick to apply with a q-tip. A little bottle goes a very long way. I don't have an arbor press with a gauge, so I can't provide quantifiable comparable numbers, but seating is smoother and feels more consistent. It's very interesting stuff.

Happy hunting!

SF -

I couldn't understand what their 2 step process was>? 1) putting in on 2)??? Never did it elaborate.
You clean and heat the part.
Apply a liquid bonding agent (part B), let it cure for a couple hours.
Dry burnish on the powder (part A).

It chemical cleans off easy, but holds up well against mechanical abrasion.
I also use it on bolt raceways, lugs, and sears (for all guns).