Making 6.8 Western Brass

the only dumb question is the one you don't ask and results in problems. just keep measuring your headspace or adjust your die so your brass chambers easily without over sizing.
back up your die about a quarter turn size brass and check in chamber and just keep adjusting your die until the brass chambers easily. go slow with small adjustments at a time

rechambering to a 270 wsm doesn't solve any problem because their brass is even harder to find and can't be made from another case easily.
just stick with the western and saum brass
Copy that, thank you. I found some ADG 7 saum brass today

So I finally got the gun back! Ready to start building loads. I sized and trimmed the seven saum brass l, however when I load a piece of brass and close the bolt it chambers fine but when I open the bolt it is not caught and does not pull the brass out of the chamber and eject it. Any ideas?

So I finally got the gun back! Ready to start building loads. I sized and trimmed the seven saum brass l, however when I load a piece of brass and close the bolt it chambers fine but when I open the bolt it is not caught and does not pull the brass out of the chamber and eject it. Any ideas?
Jam a bullet into the lands

So should I just load and fire one? Should it catch at that point after everything expands?

IIRC 7 SAUM is a couple hundredths shorter to the neck than 6.8 Western. That could be your culprit
So, I resized some 7mm SAUm brass and then fire formed it. After the fire forming and FL sizing it, I'm .023 short of the trim length for 6.8 Western brass. I'm going to reload them anyways and give it a try.

So, I resized some 7mm SAUm brass and then fire formed it. After the fire forming and FL sizing it, I'm .023 short of the trim length for 6.8 Western brass. I'm going to reload them anyways and give it a try.
From what I'm seeing 7 saum starts out at 2.035 long and 6.8 western is to be trimmed at 2.020 so I'm curious how your brass is that short? Am I missing something? This is my first time fire forming.

From what I'm seeing 7 saum starts out at 2.035 long and 6.8 western is to be trimmed at 2.020 so I'm curious how your brass is that short? Am I missing something? This is my first time fire forming.
Ok. I must have had sleep deprivation when I measured. Anyways, the trim length I found for 6.8 Western was 2.000" as actual case length is 2.020". The resized brass prior to fire forming was trimmed to 2.007". After being fire formed and pushing that shoulder out to where it is, my case length is 1.999" according to my calipers. I know this, I just went and remeasured everything.

Ok. I must have had sleep deprivation when I measured. Anyways, the trim length I found for 6.8 Western was 2.000" as actual case length is 2.020". The resized brass prior to fire forming was trimmed to 2.007". After being fire formed and pushing that shoulder out to where it is, my case length is 1.999" according to my calipers. I know this, I just went and remeasured everything.
Wow, so they got shorter after pushing the shoulder out....... Shoulder expanded and it pulled the neck back?

Here is another brass option that appears very simple

I watched that video before buying the 7 SAUM brass as I have a 300 WSM and 270 WSM. I tried trimming WSM brass in a case trimmer, but it took way too long. I found the little chop saw at Harbor Freights online, but they would not ship to AK.
i was in NV 3 weeks ago and went into a Harbor Freights there looking for it, but they didn't have it. Maybe when I go visit my mom in June, I'll go to the Harbor Freights near her and see if they have it.

ADG has 6.8 western listed but it has not been produced.I would call them or send a email and find out what the ETA is.Good luck