Major copper fouling?

antelopedundee

Cleaning, regardless of how they do it doesn't prevent fouling, it just removes it. For us rifle shooters there are powder additives that reduce or eliminate copper fouling. Also there are additives that can prevent carbon fouling, but I don't know if those have made it to the civilian sector yet.

John Klingenberg

They soak a pillow in Hoppes, tie it to his *** and slide him down the barrel.
My uncle said his initiation on his first submarine was to get in and clean torpedo tubes. Once inside, the gunners mate slammed the hatch shut and told him to knock when the tube was clean. Fun times!

archangel485

After reading this I went to Amazon and bought the 50 dollar bore scope.. told my nephew to buy one also.
Where's your mirror at? You should definitely put the mirror on there and have another look. I've been playing around with the one I bought as well, definitely a neat tool. I've got some pics but don't have them with me or I'd post one of a barrel I'm trying to revive.

jedimonkey

How is a 16" naval gun cleaned?
Answer: A lead wafer is placed between the 50# silk bags of propellant. A chemical reaction with the copper removes the deposits.
"Tubb Dust" mixed with powder has the same effect. Use it to eliminate copper in your bore. Worked very well for me------------

Why do they use silk to bag there propellant?

blueprairiedog

LRH Team Member
How is a 16" naval gun cleaned?
Answer: A lead wafer is placed between the 50# silk bags of propellant. A chemical reaction with the copper removes the deposits.
"Tubb Dust" mixed with powder has the same effect. Use it to eliminate copper in your bore. Worked very well for me------------

Why do they use silk to bag there propellant?
Because it cost more?

Trending threads