Magpul's 700 stock, now in long action.

Mitch Rapp

Magpul's Hunter 700 stock will now be available in long action. Just saw this on Instagram.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-12-16-39-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-12-16-39-09.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 99
I have looked very hard at the short action version of this stock, and knew that it would eventually come out in LA. Can anyone who's actually spent some time behind one of these give me some pros and cons? I have a rem 700 in 30-06, that I had re barreled and blueprinted by a very reputable gunsmith, but am looking to replace my wood stock.

Im not expecting it to be as good as an HS precision or some crazy chassis that costs 2-3 times as much, just some reasonable things... Just Better cheek weld, no POI shift like wood, improved ergonomics, etc.

All opinions from folks who have actually used it would be mucho appreciado....

It appears to be a good way to go if you don't want to make a big leap in dollars. I wonder if it lends itself to skim bedding, using a bigger recoil lug and how stiff where it counts.

I have a M700 in 270 that I have thought about a different tube, maybe 6.5 Sherman and perhaps this stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.