Magpul hunter stock question

I have a Ruger "Tactical" with a Magpul Hunter stock for a short action. The rifle is chambered for the 6.5C.

As far as I can tell, the Magpul long action and short action function the same.

The stock is comfortable to shoot and much more rigid than many plastic stocks found on the market. The stock comes with extra parts to adjust the length of pull. The cheek riser is able to be changed out if you need more or less elevation to fit you and your optics. If I remember correctly, the forestock is reversable for varmint or sporting type profile but honestly I may be confusing the Magpul 10/22 stock with the Magpul Hunter.

I'm not completely sure if all Magpul Hunters use AICS type magazines but mine does. I use the Magpul short action AICS style mags. You are able to buy the AICS style mags from Magpul or you can find them out in the wild every now and then. I can buy 2 Magpuls AICS style magazines for less than one true AICS metal mag. The best part is the Magpul mags work properly straight out of the package and requires no fiddling with the mag lips to ensure smooth function.

The only downfall I have with the Hunter stock is I have to remove my cheek riser so I can take the bolt out of the rifle to be able to properly clean the chamber and bore, one screw and off like a prom dress! That's the only hiccup of the stock. Honestly, I can't say for sure if you will have the same "problem" I have with the stock so far.

The Magpul Hunter isn't a Magpul PRS type of stock. The Magpul Hunter is capable of some adjustment, just not like a PRS. You will need to figure out the peices and parts you'll need for a sling and any other goodies you may want.

If I were to need another stock for one of my bolt actions, I would buy another Magpul Hunter.