Magpul stock

I have it on my 700 varmint .223. I like it, it's a bit heavy but the gun is just a target shooter so it doesn't matter. The M-Lok forend is nice for attaching a bipod, it's wide enough to float the heavier varmint barrel comfortably. Some reviews I have read mention seams coming apart, I have not noticed any of it with about 600 rounds through it, I think it was an early run of them for that. I'd buy another one without any hesitation. If there is anything specific you wanted to know just ask and I'll do my best to give you an answer.

I have it on my 700 varmint .223. I like it, it's a bit heavy but the gun is just a target shooter so it doesn't matter. The M-Lok forend is nice for attaching a bipod, it's wide enough to float the heavier varmint barrel comfortably. Some reviews I have read mention seams coming apart, I have not noticed any of it with about 600 rounds through it, I think it was an early run of them for that. I'd buy another one without any hesitation. If there is anything specific you wanted to know just ask and I'll do my best to give you an answer.

Did you bed it or screw it on and go !

TK,
Thanks for the info, no specific questions, just read an article about them in G&A and was curious about real world users experience.

It has the aluminum block, I just screwed on and went, wanted to see what it would do without a skim bed. Five shot, 100yd group attached, with one flyer which I think is me heeling the rifle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 121
TC338,

I've had one now for about a year which I bought instead of getting one cherry-picked from the manufacturer. I bought mine with the DBM conversion since that's what I'm used to carrying and shooting. Price and convenience are the hallmarks.

It is heavy when compared to other stocks costing more but similar in weight to any with the aluminum chassis built in. There is nothing miraculous here just another alternative for the thousands of Remington 700 owners to have as an upgrade to those awful factory plastic stocks which are a ***. You can drop-in or do a skim bed with the skim bedding providing a better stress-free system. It is comfortable to hold, carry and shoot once you get used to the balance, no big deal at all.

Magpul_Remington_700_stock_with_scope2.jpg

Another alternative is the ProMag stock by Archangel. I bought one of these outright for the same reason. It is a good comparison to the Magpul except I happen to like the ergonomics of the Promag better. This stock is available with either pillar bedding or the bedding block at an slightly higher price. I consider both to need the skim bedding for obvious reasons.

ProMag_ArchAngel_stock_Rem_700.PNG

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.