Magnaported 12G

I might be the only one who thinks this but I can't tell a difference in recoil with either ported chokes or ported barrels on shotguns.

Nobody can argue the effectiveness of porting or muzzle brakes on rifles but I sure can't tell with shotguns. They are louder but that's the only difference I can tell.

Thank you for the inpits.

This is for my house gun, 1100 Remington that I had a full choke barrel cut down to 18-1/2. Recently I had the LOP cut down to 12-1/2 with the 1-1/8 kick eeze. Boy, what a pain to get everything to bolt back. The nut ended up way above the wood.

I need more reduction of recoil and rise.

I thought about cutting the slots/holes myself, but I am willing to take the easy out, send it to Mag-Na-Port.

I found clamp on brakes, I just dont want any add ons to the barrel.

Not sure what loads your wanting to shoot out of it, but some of the reduced recoil buckshot loads are going to be way more effective then porting. Same with the low recoil/low noise birdshot loads but some of them may be a little iffy on cycling properly. I have never had a problem with the low recoil buckshot loads cycling properly.

Not sure what loads your wanting to shoot out of it, but some of the reduced recoil buckshot loads are going to be way more effective then porting. Same with the low recoil/low noise birdshot loads but some of them may be a little iffy on cycling properly. I have never had a problem with the low recoil buckshot loads cycling properly.
Thank you. Will try them, I do have standard load 00 buck

I inherited a "boat gun" Mossberg ATP-8 that has been Mag-Na-Ported. I can't recall shooting it, but the guy who originally bought it and had the porting done was very complimentary about the porting. He had trouble shooting it before the porting and was comfortable with shooting it afterwards.

I used to shoot Sporting Clays and my shotgun barrels were ported. In this case it was to reduce muzzle hop/rise.
The porting wasn't "Magnaport", I've only seen that on rifle and pistol barrels

When Mag-na-port first come out, I sent them my Win. M70 300 mag. Much better to shoot after that! My comp. Trap/Doubles/Skeet guns are ported but it mostly stops rise and maybe a little on recoil!! I not recoil sensitive...
Short barrel like what you got is a mans gun and hang on to it!!
Have fun...

Years ago I had a Remington 870 12 gauge slug gun and had it ported by a local gunsmith. It definitely helped with muzzle rise and cut recoil by about 25%. I've known guys that did their own and I'm sure you can find videos on how to on you tube and could save yourself some money by doing it yourself.

Years ago I had a Remington 870 12 gauge slug gun and had it ported by a local gunsmith. It definitely helped with muzzle rise and cut recoil by about 25%. I've known guys that did their own and I'm sure you can find videos on how to on you tube and could save yourself some money by doing it yourself.

Thanks. I have the tooling and machine to do the holes.

I used to shoot Sporting Clays and my shotgun barrels were ported. In this case it was to reduce muzzle hop/rise.
The porting wasn't "Magnaport", I've only seen that on rifle and pistol barrels
Same here, my Baretta was ported by pro port and made a difference in muzzle rise. Did not do it to my new gun.
First gun was 28" barrels new one 32"