M700 Extractor Question

silvertip44

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I need to replace the extractor in my Remington M700 Milspec 5R SS .300 Win Mag. It is the new style rivetless extractor. I have looked on both Midway and Brownells and they have the new style extractors for the small bolts, .223 etc. and also a .30-06 size. Is the .30-06 size the right one for the .300 Win Mag?
I have already replaced the extractor in my Milspec 5R in .223 and it is fairly simple. I have already read that when the extractor is removed, it needs to be replaced with a new one.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Are you sure it's not riveted? if not, remington say's the part number is F93712 (same as 30-06 size), as they made both in magnum rifles.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks, MT. It is definitely not riveted and appears to be identical in appearence to the extractors in my M700 Milspec 5R 308 and Milspec 5R 223.

I know it sounds weird, but remington says they work. the std. is .615 and the mag is .655, both "plus or minus .015" and they no longer have the mag as a part, so just try it, or go the SAKO or m-16 route.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.