• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED M1 Garand reissue... where to buy/who makes?

GABR13L

I am looking for a Garand reissue rifle (I dunno if reissue is the right word, but similar to what Uberti does with Old West guns). I would sorta prefer one with stainless steal hardware and synthetic stock (any non-wood). If the traditional wood/metal work is all I can find, then that's A-OK too. I do not want an original service rifle - not a collectors item - I am looking for something brand new and plan on firing it a lot.

Anyone know of a company or anyone who makes/sells something similar to what Im looking for? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Not going to find one

I know springfield armory and Fulton armory make M!'s and century arms was making new recivers for a little while. But I have never seen one made such as you decribed.

I got my rifle from the CMP and I shoot it ALLOT! I have never had one issue with the rifle what so ever. It will shoot and shoot all day long.

I have seen a few plactic stocks for sale in the sportsmansguide. My guess is a rifle like you want would have to be built. But these days it is nothing to have your rifle refinished in some sort of super coating.

I just could not do that to mine though

i have newish springfield armory (genesco) m1 garand sn #333 it is made from new and new old stock parts maybe 100 rounds fired from this beautiful garand with a fajen stock i'm looking for a $1000 , i can send pictures if needed

Your best option is to get a SA Service Grade Special from the CMP.

This is a New Old Stock Rifle, essentialy brand new and stored from the mid 1950's. The only new manufactured parts are the stock and stock metal. I purchased two of them and each was brand spanking new as far as I could tell. The cost will be just shy of 1000 usd delivered to your door.

The new manufactured rifles are not in the same league as the 1950's M1 Garand. Cast receivers vs hammer forged receivers, hammer forged wins every time.

Do yourself a favor and buy a couple of these rifles before they are gone.