M Brace Rings

If I recall the mbrace had a bit more bearing surface on the scope and we're a tad heavier. Never had problems with the m10 but they are moving to mbrace as it's replacement. I heard the m-10s were being discontinued. I've been waiting for my new rifle to come in So I can order rings for it.

If I recall the mbrace had a bit more bearing surface on the scope and we're a tad heavier. Never had problems with the m10 but they are moving to mbrace as it's replacement. I heard the m-10s were being discontinued. I've been waiting for my new rifle to come in So I can order rings for it.
Looking at the drawings you are correct. Looks like M-Brace are 3mm wider. Look better to me than the M10s. They will be great no matter, the M10s are fantastic too! Not a bad price when you compare apples to apples either.

Do you all think they will do the job with one set of rings where I have to use two sets normally? Like a light weight rum running 199g at 3400 fps with a good muzzle brake. Have had to use two sets of other name high end rings in the past in this application.

Do you all think they will do the job with one set of rings where I have to use two sets normally? Like a light weight rum running 199g at 3400 fps with a good muzzle brake. Have had to use two sets of other name high end rings in the past in this application.
I would think so. My rifles don't shoot 3400 but I would feel confident in them. Mine were 195@3000.

Any time I have the need to get very serious about rings, ARC is where I turn. I ran the M10s on a 338RUM for hundreds of rounds (before I switched scopes), no issues whatsoever. Custom .300win for a good friend of mine, M10's FTW, etc, etc...

Ted was an aerospace engineer by trade. If he can't figure it out, no one can lol. Not to mention he is one of the humblest & nicest dudes i've ever had the pleasure of speaking with.

I recall needing a set pronto for a build on a timeline. I sent an email inquiring as to when they will be back in stock. Ted actually called me personally & we ended up chatting for quite a while; just a super good dude.

Anytime someone asks me what rings are "best", ARC is always the answer.

t

I have the M10s on my switch barrel 6.5CM/7SS. No slippage after 3500 rnds. Excellent return to zero when removing the scope for travel. NO twisting of the scope when tightening the rings due to the clamp style vs traditional alternating screws that cant your reticle as you tighten. Best rings…period. Will only use these (or newer mbrace) in the future

Any time I have the need to get very serious about rings, ARC is where I turn. I ran the M10s on a 338RUM for hundreds of rounds (before I switched scopes), no issues whatsoever. Custom .300win for a good friend of mine, M10's FTW, etc, etc...

Ted was an aerospace engineer by trade. If he can't figure it out, no one can lol. Not to mention he is one of the humblest & nicest dudes i've ever had the pleasure of speaking with.

I recall needing a set pronto for a build on a timeline. I sent an email inquiring as to when they will be back in stock. Ted actually called me personally & we ended up chatting for quite a while; just a super good dude.

Anytime someone asks me what rings are "best", ARC is always the answer.

t
Ok I am convinced. The last time I had my 30-338 Lap imp with 9-8" gain twist out running the 199g Hammer Hunter near 3600 fps the scope would twist visibly with each shot using the top of the line rings from a well known company. I hate the look of running two sets of rings let alone the $300 plus to do so.

I know this is pretty much a torcher test, but I am hopeful!

Interesting, the first rifle I had in this cartridge didn't have as fast a twist so never ran as heavy a bullet. Also didn't have as heavy a scope but the rifle was lighter. It had a set of the old Leupold skinny rings on it and it never moved a bit. Makes me wonder if these big wide rings with multiple screws are just spreading the clamping force over too much area resulting in less traction.

Ok I am convinced. The last time I had my 30-338 Lap imp with 9-8" gain twist out running the 199g Hammer Hunter near 3600 fps the scope would twist visibly with each shot using the top of the line rings from a well known company. I hate the look of running two sets of rings let alone the $300 plus to do so.

Interesting, the first rifle I had in this cartridge didn't have as fast a twist so never ran as heavy a bullet. Also didn't have as heavy a scope but the rifle was lighter. It had a set of the old Leupold skinny rings on it and it never moved a bit. Makes me wonder if these big wide rings with multiple screws are just spreading the clamping force over too much area resulting in less traction.
You can always use Rosin powder as well between your scope rings and scope for grip. Can also lap them too for more clamping.

Last edited:

Steve, would you mind posting your results with a single set of rings? I'd be very interested in your findings. As mentioned above, a little rosin might be a good idea.

I do recall Chad @ LRI doing a 30-338AI for fun but it was set up to sling 120-somethings as fast as possible... I can't imagine recoil being particularly harsh in that instance.

t