Lube Question

Tex3030

I have not reloaded yet, I have been reading several reloading manuals, most suggesting a dry lube for the inside of the neck. I am wanting to know if I can use a lube pad to lube the inside of the case necks by standing them on end and twisting to get a little lube on the inside of the neck. I am also curious about if the outside of the neck needs to be lubed separately from the body, or if rolling the case on the lube pad will suffice.

Roling the case on the pad will get enough lube on them to suffice , get 3-5 shells side by side and role them wioth your hand putting pressure on the shoulder/neck area so that the neck and shouler and some of the body gets coated. As for the necks use a small plastic bore brush to get the insides , you can role is on the pad like the cases then run it in and out of the case to get the inside.
I used the RCBS stuff and a pad for years before I went to the dry moly/graphite stuff its alot easier to clean up.

BUT , if your using a bolt gun then I highly recomeny that you get a Lee collet die to resize , you don't need any lube and it won't strech the case like a regular die does

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.