Lube outside of necks with bushing dies?

I roll my cases on a felt, lightly impregnated with 1:1 coconut oil / IPA mix. Wipe it off as I'm putting the case in the press. The body, shoulder and neck all have a film on them now. No build up if crud in the die and zero dented shoulders in probably a decade or more.
What is IPA may I ask? Thanks

I just use imperial wax on the body and neck, not the shoulder. Size, then wipe with a paper towel and some denatured alcohol. I recently tried some Royal Case Lube. That stuff is as slick as cat snot on a door knob and wipes off easily.

I don't have to use lube on my L.E.Wilson neck only sizing dies. But I love the graphite so much I normally do use it, wipe out side and leave it on the inside. Not brave enough to use the shallow graphite for full length, still roll them on the pad with liquid lube. JMHO

I don't want any foreign "stuff" of any kind inside my cases, ever, although a tiny bit of Imperial in the neck won't hurt anything. To that end I use Imperial sizing wax, applied by fingers, to lube cases for both neck or full length sizing. I also use RCBS case lube for straight wall pistol cases because it washes off with water.

I absolutely hate anything with lanolin because it's so hard to remove from the cases (alcohol is the only way I've ever been able to get rid of the sticky stuff!). Lanolin also builds up pretty quickly and one should clean ones dies often if using it, especially anything requiring anything in the way of precision.

The Imperial wax can be wiped off a cloth or paper towel with whatever remains being nothing to worry about. It never builds up (if it does you're simply using too much!), and I've never come close to sticking a case in a die using it.

I believe all cases should be lubed, even Ti or carbide dies. It makes the dies last longer and I think less prone to being scratched. And for anyone who thinks brass can't possibly scratch a steel or carbide die (or barrel), they clearly don't resize very many cases. Not only will it scratch it can literally embed into the die, which still results in scratches. Usually some JB Bore cleaner will remove it but if it's bad enough, back to the manufacturer it goes for an overhaul!
Cheers,
crkckr

I use all Redding Ti bushings. When I asked a Redding Tech if there was any reason to lube the case necks when using their Ti bushings, he said that they have found that lube will produce slightly more consistent results even though it isn't "needed". He recommended using Imperial Sizing Wax.
I remember asking a Redding tech this same question in the late 1990s and getting the same answer. It's what I do and I've not noticed an issue.

I have seen a few pic's of blown up rifles receivers and the experts said "possible cold weld".
That's my biggest fear!Out of an abundance of caution I lube necks.
Mikecr brought another possibility into the conversation as you don't want the bullet to weld itself into the case but you don't want the bullet to come out all by itself,causing bullet setback under recoil and possible damage to the rifle and you the shooter.
So what is too much?What is safe?
I'm still on the fence and reading every post.

Shouldn't use a wet lube INSIDE necks.
You could likely pull bullets by hand if you do that.

I used Imperial Wax on the inside of the neck for a few cartridges, 458 SOCOM was one of them. I asked Redding what was the recommended method to remove their lube from the necks and the guy told me "we shoot it out - no need to remove it first".

I have seen a few pic's of blown up rifles receivers and the experts said "possible cold weld".
That's my biggest fear!Out of an abundance of caution I lube necks.
Mikecr brought another possibility into the conversation as you don't want the bullet to weld itself into the case but you don't want the bullet to come out all by itself,causing bullet setback under recoil and possible damage to the rifle and you the shooter.
So what is too much?What is safe?
I'm still on the fence and reading every post.

I've been handloading for nearly 50 years. I've had handloads sitting in cabinets for decades before I decided to shoot them. During that time, I never used anything inside of the necks. Never once did I experience an excessive pressure condition that was caused by cold welding or anything else.

While I believe that cold welding can occur under some conditions, I also don't believe that it results in catastrophic conditions. None of my shooting buddies has ever experienced anything extreme from cold welding either.

Overall, probably the best thing to leave in the necks is just the carbon from previous firings.