LRF Challenge (kind of like racing for pink slips)

royinidaho

I have a Leica 1200 LRF that works up to the standards of any other Leica 1200 LRF that has been posted on this board. Its in top shape and wears a leather cover to protect it since new. Optics are wonderful. Mag is 7X. Targeting is easy. It does range further when on a tripod or steady rest as I suppose all of them do.

IF anyone can prove to me that the Opti-logic 1000XL will consistently out range my leica I'll trade even up.

Well, I don't have the Opti-Logic, but I do have a Swaro and I can prove that it will outrange your Leica. I don't however think I want to trade even. Since your analogy was "like racing for pink slips," does this mean that you'll give me your Leica /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Im with you Roy, but I am not offering up my Leica. They are good units and held steady will range very far. I have the tripod adapter for mine, but usually dont need it unless im going over about 650 and really helps at 800+.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't have the Opti-Logic, but I do have a Swaro and I can prove that it will outrange your Leica. I don't however think I want to trade even. Since your analogy was "like racing for pink slips," does this mean that you'll give me your Leica /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt about the Swaro outdoing the Leica. Its no contest. However its a bunch more bucks.

My problem is that I am major confident that the 270AM will outshoot the Leica's ranging capabilities.

PS: Bill, wanna trade/dicker/deal on your pressure/strain gage thinger?

[ QUOTE ]
Im with you Roy, but I am not offering up my Leica. They are good units and held steady will range very far. I have the tripod adapter for mine, but usually dont need it unless im going over about 650 and really helps at 800+.

[/ QUOTE ]

But how much more than 800 can you range consistently?

I'm just trying to get down to the nity grity with all of this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree my pre scan model will get treelines at 1176 yds with a steady rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd didn't know I was getting a scan Leica. But when I hold the button down it keeps updating the reading.

Is your tree line a single tree or a whole hill side?

Roy, how about I send it up to you to try out. If it works and you like it, we'll talk about price. If not, all your out is the price of the strain gauge,($25 I think) and the return shipping. Shoot me an email w/your address and I'll get it out tomorrow!!!

Roy:

Just go out back and dig up one of those cans full of gold nuggets that you've got buried and send some bucks to Bill and Steve and they will make you the proud owner of a new Swaro unit. You'll never regret it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My problem is that I am major confident that the 270AM will outshoot the Leica's ranging capabilities.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only will the 270 AM out shoot the Leica, it'll outshoot the Swaro also when you get to playing with rocks and varmints way out there. I've outshot my Swaro several times with my 7mm AM when killin rocks and playing around. That's when you really need a good spotter or at least good glass on your gun to spot the hits and adjust accordingly.

I can guarantee you that the first time you have the new AM out and the Leica won't range what you want to, you will be very dissappointed and wish you had the Swaro. It's one of those things where you cry and whine, and spend the bucks for the good unit, and then you just smile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif every time you use it and get to take advantage of the new long range rig that Kirby made for you.

Just my $ .02 worth but I've compared the Leicas and Swaros side by side in the field and I'd pay far more than I did for my Swaro to replace it if something happened to it.

Preda8or,

I don't think you made or are making anyone mad....Its just that there seems to be as many review results from as many different people as there are who own/use LRFs for their particular purpose.

It would be well if someone would just do a comparative review of all of them, especially someone with some writing ability.

With every one randomly providing input/reviews it gets out of wack so that dummies like me can't make heads or tails out of things.

From my review of threads I have determined that the Leica 1200 and Burris 1500 are very comparible with the Burris being able to range further consistently.

They Pred jumps in with the Opti-logics and out does both the Leica and Burris. And others chime in with the similar opinions.

Then SS7MM says he can out shoot, range wise, his Swaro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I don't recall exactly what I paid for my Leica but it came from cabelas using cabela points so I paid full ticket.

I saw where I can get an Opti-logics 1000 XL for something like $269.00. That's a bunch of bullets/primers/powder difference for similar or better performance.

And I'll still trade if someone can show that the Opti-logics 1000XL consistently out ranges the Leica 1200 in side by side tests. Really.....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts