LR kills with 195 EOL

7.62 Gunner

I'd like some feedback on long range kills with 195's, or any range really.
I've heard some negative things about this bullet, but I don't see why it wouldn't kill as well as the 180 hybrid.
The main reason I'm wanting to use the 195's is
1. I have a super long throat (.250 freebore), and 195's shoot stupid good.
2. I can find 195's and zero 180s

They work great, shoot them. I have 13 animals down with them(elk and mule deer) and all were one shot kills with most of them DRT and several that were dead but just didn't know it yet, stand there wobbly them maybe take a step...maybe two and then fall over. I have killed elk out to 1075yds and deer out to 1035yds without one problem. And like you said they shoot stupid good!

I hunt the 156(6.5x 284) 195(28 nosler) and the 300's (300LM). The 195 and 156 have all had DRT results from 60 yards to 650. Pigs close up, antelope and mule deer further 650.
The 300,s I have used only for elk hunting DRT 90 yds and 945 yds.

Only Berger I've had mixed results from is the 75 gr vld target (22 creed) on pigs unless it's a head shot.

I have not had anything but stellar results from the 195's (28 nosler).
Actually most of the kills have had exit holes quite large even on large boar with shoulder shots as close as 60ish yds

Only bad info I have is a friend of mine had blow ups from 338lm w/250 gr vld hunting on a mule deer at 100 something yds. I wasn't there so I can only go by his word. He now uses the 300's with good results.

They shoot sub 1/2 MOA in the 2 7mm LRMs I load for. We have used them on many long range shots on Coues deer (not a great test, but) and a handful of elk. They all died, usually DRT. It doesn't hurt to check any hollow point bullet to make sure the cavity is clear but I've never drilled any Bergers, and my family has used them to kill a pile of game with them in the last 10 years.

I am very happy with them. Antelope white tail mule deer and elk. 2890 fps and 160-600 yard shots

You don't want to drill out the tip you just want to use mini drill bit the same size as the hole to make sure it's clear and no polishing media or anything else is in there. I think the people that have had problems is related to two issues; one they either damaged the tips from handling or storage or damaged putting in or removing from the rifle magazine, especially BDL style mages. Or two is shot placement, people have to remember these bullets are designed to work well for long range hunting, to expand quickly and dump there energy. Some people load these things as fast as they can in these big magnums shooting 3000+ fps and then want to to shoot an animal at 100 yards in the shoulder and then wonder what happened. No bullet it the perfect bullet in every situation, you have to work wth the bullet and what the situation is is. If you are have a closer shot and I mean inside 600 yards, for sure find shoot for the shoulder with these, they may expand too soon for your liking. I always shoot behind just behind the shoulder. Once you get out to farther distances beyond 800yds for and some reason with you are worried about the bullet not expanding enough at you are shooting a bit in the lower side velocity wise there are times I have shot for the shoulder to hit something hard to start the expansion, but those were very unique situations. Shooting the 195 out of say a 28 Nos there is never realy a time you would need to shoot for the shoulder unless you are pushing the range limits too far.

I have only shot 3 animals with my 7-300 Norma Imp using Berger 195 EOLs. A mule deer at 400 yds, a wild boar at 100 yards and an antelope at 755 yards. All died within a few yards of where they were standing and the bullet performed as advertised.

They work very well for me at 3000 fps mv. I get a lot of pass throughs out to 600ish yards even taking out a shoulder on deer sized game. Shot a lot of deer from 300-1200yards with them. Never lost one with the 195. I clean all my tips with a tiny bit. No drilling just clean. I also have a meplat trimmer I use to true up the tips. I am also careful not to damage the tips while hunting.

I'd like some feedback on long range kills with 195's, or any range really.
I've heard some negative things about this bullet, but I don't see why it wouldn't kill as well as the 180 hybrid.
The main reason I'm wanting to use the 195's is
1. I have a super long throat (.250 freebore), and 195's shoot stupid good.
2. I can find 195's and zero 180s
I've killed at least a dozen deer with my 7mm-300 win, shooting this bullet at 2900 fps. One shot at 110 yards, one at 542 yards and all the rest between 200-350. All one shot kills, and the longest run after hit was 30-35 yards. I did have one roll about 60 yards. Ground was very steep. After I climbed up to where he was I rolled and slid him down to the flat before I field dressed him